Wow, first Celino & Barnes, now Sriracha & Underwood

The company that makes Sriracha hot sauce on Tuesday sued the company that supplies its chili peppers, alleging the firm is refusing to pay more than $1.4 million in overpayments and return some $7 million in equipment.

they used to be so chummy too!

Underwood now grows 2,000 acres of peppers for Huy Fong Foods. “We’ve developed an incredible relationship,” Underwood said of Tran. “As an example of his trust and faith in us, he rarely comes out to the fields. We give him quality and consistency.”

Wow! Wonder what happened. Hate to see this kind of thing happen when it was such a feel good story of establishing a beneficial relationship for both sides.

1 Like

…and Underwood came out on top.

1 Like

More background:

2 Likes

I love Sriracha. And have been buying Underwood’s dragon sauce for two years now which I get at their stand at the farmers market. It’s great. It’s not as sweet as the OG, but is spicier and more savory. It cuts richness just as good as the OG. I haven’t tried the new controversial version because I am so happy with the Underwood. Still, the Best Price I’ve seen for a large bottle of Hoy Fung has been Super King. $3 on sale. Not the ridiculous $20 I saw at Fatty Mart last year.

2 Likes