WSGV updates

Is that SJB actually green???

1 Like

Kang kang is def a one good stop for me never tried anything else there. The hot and cold dishes look like they sit there for a long long time.

Haha yes.

The zongzi at Kang Kang is perfect for reheating the next day.

they may not technically be described as SJB in their menu, but the pan fried pork buns at tasty noodle house in the same plaza as golden deli are awfully good.

7 Likes

I’ve always liked the SJB at Tasty Noodle House. When their Sawtelle location first opened, I was lovin’ it.

4 Likes

A couple of updates on Alhambra’ Main street:

It looks like Beijing Pie House has closed permanently. I haven’t seen any activity at the restaurant in weeks. Yelp reports the status as CLOSED.

Boiling Crab moved one block west. I guess they were waiting until the new location completed its update.

A new restaurant opened a few months back, Meet Qin Noodle. I think they specialize with Shaanxi cuisine. I have not tried it.

7 Likes

In San Gabriel, Hunan Spicy Taste has been replaced by the Taiwanese leaning Tasty House. L2 New Tea will open in the former AU 79 space.

Any decent outdoor dining left in the 626 or has everything moved back indoors

Update - 5 stars hue Alhambra - yes per phone call

2 Likes

I think it literally changes daily, and a lot of the smaller restaurants have limited outdoor dining. Recently outdoor meals at OK Cafe, Cafe Baccali, Top Island. There are still a lot of tents out there, and the only place I know of that has a tent but doesn’t use it is NBC.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I’m poking around for fresh info instead of looking up thread. Thanks for update.

Gold Hibachi Buffet reopens Saturday (pushed back from last Sunday).

the sam woo in focus plaza (del mar/valley) is no more. it has been replaced by:

which apparently has a similar menu.

4 Likes

That was my 2nd choice for Sam Woo! Nothing beats the OG in Alhambra

In other news 626 Night Market opened on the 10th

2 Likes

i think this was one of the ones liquidated as a consequence of the tax evasion thing. one of the two still needs to pony up some serious dough to shorten his jail term.

Major changes in the San Gabriel Hilton adjacent shopping center. Chang’an, the Chinese gastropub is being replaced by something called Tang Dynasty. Meanwhile, downstairs Shan Dong Dumplings is gone, half the space replaced by a branch of Yomie’s Rice & Yogurt and the other half being prepared for something called Dim Shui.

FWIW, the pasadena location has also shuttered.

tai chi?

1 Like

Tams Noodle House I think I am going to hit this up while I am back in town. It might be better than Noodle Boy based on the looks and reviews I read

2 Likes

Do it, JKB. And get the #79, for crying out loud…

2 Likes

I concur with #79 with beef and wontons. I also have a weakness for the salted egg yolk chicken wings.

1 Like