WSGV updates

Anywhere in Alhambra/San Gabriel that would be good for 5 people to eat lunch outside after going to the Huntington?

1 Like

5 Stars Hue (Alhambra) has a covered patio/walkaway area that’s outside.

5 Likes

Yang’s Kitchen has outside dining in the back

3 Likes

i think tam’s noodle house still offers outdoor seating. it can’t be more than 10 minutes away from the huntington at san gabriel & las tunas.

2 Likes

Delicious Chengdu has a covered patio in the rear. Food is excellent
9679 Las Tunas, Temple City.

3 Likes

This may have been mentioned upthread, but I’m having tech issues and search isn’t working for me.

Anyway:

In the biggest return from the dead yet the original Jazz Cat Cafe in San Gabriel has reopened in remodeled quarters.

1 Like

I passed by Delicious Chengdu yesterday and I noticed they have a new name on a banner. It is Dumpling (something) I was driving too fast to get the full name. Are these new owners?

Hong Kong Cafe on Garvey in Monterey Park has flipped again, back to Hong Kong Cafe food from takeout dim sum.

4 Likes

Great news! @moonboy403

2 Likes

Yes sir. I saw it online but no words on whether it’s the OG crew.

2 Likes

Is the hot Coca-Cola with lemon & ginger back on the menu?

Well the original owner sold it maybe 10 years ago and I thought it dropped off after that.

1 Like

I don’t drink soda & had no idea that was a thing so I googled it -wow

Folks have been drinking hot Dr. Pepper (with or without lemon) for decades. Not aware of any medicinal claims.

My mom used to make this for me when I had a sore throat (she’s from HK)! It seemed to work (or maybe it just tasted better than that mysterious Chinese syrup that she gave me from some ceramic jar).

1 Like

I actually like the taste!

3 Likes

Loquats FTW. Coats and soothes the posterior pharynx.

1 Like

Shanghai No 1 Seafood Village is gone.

Hong Kong Cafe on Garvey in Monterey Park has done a double flip. Back to Cafe food from dim sum. Presumably another change of ownership.