WSGV updates

“Starting Saturday, a popular Singapore ramen chain makes its stateside debut at 141 N. Atlantic Boulevard in Monterey Park”

4 Likes

second that! but also intrigued about the source…

1 Like

alas, the location at garfield and valley shuttered for good earlier this year.

oh, a while back i dated someone who liked the place, so we went there a bit, but more often than not, when i ordered something, i’d get told “we’re out of that.” (and not at the end of an evening). that and other occurrences suggested to me that he was lacking in some basic business management skills.

Lily’s Kitchen seems to be a separate operation. Unless Nha Trang served Guilin style Chinese noodle soup.

Hunan Restaurant in Rowland Heights is gone, which further depleted the SGV’s stock of Hunan food. But then Changsha Fever has opened up in the adjoining space, replacing Mandarin Bay Seafood.

2 Likes

And in the space next to Changsha Fever, Burger Box has opened up in the old Class 302 space. Note that in the SGV today “burger” does not refer to hamburgers but rather spicy fried chicken sandwiches known as “chicken burgers” in Mainland China, They have a “chicken pizza” consisting of fried chicken topped with pepperoni and cheese.

4 Likes

Azusa branch of New Fusion has closed. They had reopened for dine-in recently. I guess I’m surprised they lasted as long as they did. Only place I ever saw ice cream as a dim sum item. I don’t think the Arcadia location has it.

i personally never thought of rowland heights as being WSGV, but`i suppose that it’s a matter of perspective… it seems like it takes a half hour to get anywhere in rowland heights even if you start in rowland heights.

It’s not—it’s ESGV, but it is the SGV.

and the thread is titled “WSGV” updates.

My brother in Christ you have a Chino Hills restaurant listed in the first post.

8 Likes

We should just make a single SGV thread.

4 Likes

anyone know if half and half good old time is under new ownership or something?

they closed for a month from mid august to mid september and remodeled the inside and outside.

completely new staff but same menu. had it today and it wasn’t as good as before, unfortunately

4 Likes

Someone is looking forward to an ignoring!! :joy:

6 Likes

Welcome to FTC!!!

1 Like

A number of changes at Valley Square in Alhambra, the pioneering Chinese oriented shopping center in the SGV (on Valley with Wendy’s in front). Bund’s Cuisine has replaced New Noodle King. Pho Ga is replacing Ninh Kieu towards the back. And Valley Supermarket, once called Quong Hoa, is gone. Something called Fresh Farm Outlet will be taking over.

3 Likes

I remember going to Valley Square decades ago. Still remember the Wendy’s! I used to go to A&J for Taiwanese beef noodle soup with tendons, scallion pancake, and sour plum drink. That was my order. Then next door to the bakery for a piece of cake. Then onto Focus Plaza to go shopping at 99 Ranch and get drinks at Ten Ren or was it Tea Station. Maybe pick up some Sam Woo at OG Alhambra for dinner. SGV Memories

3 Likes

The oddly named Yummeet Hunan Restaurant replaces Hunan Spicy Taste on Garvey in Rosemead in the historic Quanjude Beijing Duck space.

My fav there was pork-chop rice and the ground beef patty in dough (we called it a Chinese hamburger, although it’s not what FTC’ers refer to as a Chinese hamburger). i think someone here might’ve told what it actually was in Mandarin b/f.

I loved that place. I wonder if we ever ate there at the same time! :slight_smile:

1 Like