Yahoo's "Best Chinese Restaurant in California" Opens Branch in Arts District

I think it’s pretty well written.

LOL. Well I have to admit she is a bit of a sourpuss in general. But I also have to admit I loved eating in VN. The seafood is really fresh and the preparations are delicious. There’s a lot of French influence because of the colonists. You can get a French roll and great coffee for breakfast, then baby clams with garlic, basil & chili oil for lunch. Plus the prices are a crime. I seriously felt guilty about how little we paid for everything.

The LA Times’ food section is actively looking for freelance writers. You can probably drop editor Amy Scattergood an email (her contact info is on the site) and see if she’d be interested in that topic as an article for them. They let all kinds of riff-raff write for the paper (online at least) nowadays…

1 Like

I have no doubt the dim sum to order is far better than what comes in the carts, but I still enjoy the establishments where they come around with items to choose from. Something about being able to see what you’re getting into makes it more appealing to me. Therefore places like Atlantic Seafood & Dim Sum or New Capital Seafood are places I frequent.

Thanks for the suggestion. Amy quoted me in her article on the demise of Chowhound, so I’ll check that out if I ever get around to finishing my piece.

I watched the 626 Video on YouTube. The thing about the B Ratings was a crack-up. It’s something that’s put me off of old-school Chinese & dumpling spots, especially dumplings. Because I worked in restaurants for years (very scary) I tend not to like my food wrapped inside anything - like a burrito - where I can’t see it. But the 626 Guys put it in perspective, and I loved Dumpling month in DOTM. I guess I’ll have to lighten up. Thanks for all the info!