Y'all famous. LAT piece on CH vs. FTC is out

@robert @chandavkl all quoted:

h/t @amyscattergood.

O wait, she’s not on here yet.

6 Likes

So I guess the people here are the “Olive Garden set,” then.

4 Likes

Nice article, but I think tLAT went fairly mild in regard to the acrimonious behavior exhibited in the CH mods.

It was one of the central reasons for my departure.

3 Likes

The author misses the point, I think, She doesn’t understand that real friendships are formed, that a real discussion can be had, and that the exodus has everything to do with a total disregard of the Regular Posters firm footing and content creation. Not to mention the arrogance involved with answering the continuous complaints.

She sort of addresses these things, but not really. At least we don’t have to worry about how to let other CHers know how to find us, and can avoid CH altogether, now.

Thank you again, Robert, for creating this haven for us Olive Garden regs.

8 Likes

I hear at the Olive Garden not only do you get unlimited bread sticks but also a never ending salad bowl. Who knew?

4 Likes

There is one good thing about the article. It told me where to find you. I missed the migration.

17 Likes

Welcome home….

2 Likes

Glad you made it here, jwsel!

2 Likes

Funny. A few weeks back, I was talking to my buddy at the Associated Press about what was going on at CH. He mentioned something about pitching the story to his editor. Too late or should I pursue it? As someone said above, the writer neglected to mention the aggressive moderation (that doesn’t sound right but you know what I mean) and other nits we have to pick with that particular media conglomerate.

2 Likes

Pursue it.

6 Likes

I’m pretty surprised by Leff’s comments. Is he still on the payroll?

2 Likes

If I pursue it, would you be willing to offer up a few quotes?

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Maybe she didn’t fully understand the community and camaraderie that CH users created over the years of both posting and reading. But, I’m glad the Times ran an article so more people can find us.

4 Likes

Please chime in here if you’d like to contribute. Also, let’s hear some talking points. My friend at the AP, who works out of the DTLA office, wanted to make sure there was a compelling story before he put in the effort.

Chiming.

melanie wong forwarded amy’s la times email address to a number of us. i sent off a brief and relatively snarkfree statement, the sentiments are kinda reflected in the article kinda like how olive garden reflects authentic italian cuisine.

2 Likes

total fucking tool

fuck him and CH – who needs em or gives one turd drop anyways?

2 Likes

I think a good talking point is how the new redesign broke up the local community boards and scattered all of those posts throughout the site therefore diluting the sense of community and making valuable information harder to find.

2 Likes

It’s worth noting this is Big Dog Leff’s sentiment, and the writer was just quoting. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Leff has never gave a F about ppl quitting CH. He still believes CH is somehow the only & bestest though sentiment hasn’t been true for close to 10Y now. Maybe it was a clause he signed when he sold.