Your favorite take out places in the LA/OC?

That used to be Mogo’s?

I think it still is. Its now a combo of the two.

My go-to take out places nowadays are usually RoRo’s Chicken (chicken schwarma makes me very happy), Zankou, Los Tacos on SMB, and Vito’s Pizza. They all tend to survive the drive home pretty well.

1 Like

I do not take out often but when I do

Dino’s Burgers
Pollo ala Brasa
Sugar Fish
Formerly California Wok
Gjusta

So we’re talking football food?

This is obvious, guys.

Something you can eat with your hands

Something spicy

Something that goes well with a cheap lager

It’s Thai food, guys. No big mystery.

Call me crazy, kevin,

But I think I prefer Del Taco.

2 Likes

you do have a point too.

either you like del taco or you like taco bell.

but never the fucking two shall ever meet.

having said that is it still one of my favorite fucking restaurants in the entire fucking city even if that’s quite downright inconceivable.

Does Sugar Fish keep ??? I’ve never had it to go.

Oh, I forgot one of my fucking joints for take out:

KIRIKO for blue crab hand rolls and my fucking tamagoyaki. maybe three orders of the fucking my tamagoyaki and and a handroll for a nice little snack.

It’s a pricey snack.

dino’s is pretty fucking dope, though I haven’t been in years upon years.

but my go to order there would be these days maybe three of those Americana carne asada tacos topped with shredded delicously ochre cheddar cheese and those signature fries topped with their addictive spicey vinegar reddish burgundy hued sauce that they top their grilled chickens with.

fuck.

now i want that shit.

didn’t someone happen to mention that they may have opened another location in West LA rather than just the OG one on Pico-Union ???

SGV centric

an order of cumin chicken bones from any decent dongbei restaurant
banh mi’s. the new pulled pork version at banh mi my tho is my current favorite.

It keeps fine (especially if you don’t keep it long).

I like sugarfish, and I may like it even more at home; no waiting (!) and the rice kind of holds together better at home, either because they compress it more (knowing it is traveling), or because the saucing is not done at sugarfish, you do-it-yourself and can, therefore, eat it immediately as both God and Nozowa-san, meant it to be eaten.
The charming takeout “tray/box” comes with a really fun-to-use Pictorial Diagram that explains which sauce to douse which neta-rice with, and what to put the scallions on.
So you
a) get to feel a bit like Nozowa-san himself, and
b) learn all sorts of interesting things about their sauces .
For example there is a regular ponzu AND a garlic or spicy ponzu - they go on different cuts.

Note:
a) they won’t send out uni for some reason
b) in order to use the Pictorial Diagram properly you have to READ IT CAREFULLY (sorry, kev, this may be a problem).

1 Like

Zankou, extra garlic sauce please…

2 Likes

I fuck. I was gonna say maybe i’d do fucking takeout just to see how nozawa does but then again based on note fucking number 2, I guess I may have to skip.

they have these really cute boxes at kazu nori, really cool fucking boxes, but I’ve never gotten take out from there either.

and that’s no fucking joke.

btw, I didn’t do it this fucking year.

but sugar fish gives a free bday trust me dinner, on your fucking bday.

and no fucking joke.

2 Likes

So does 31 flavors……

Aw kevin, say it isn’t so! LOL.

You enjoy such good quality restaurants like Belcampo, Shunji, etc. no need for Taco Bell. :stuck_out_tongue:

The following chains received an “F” on today’s scorecard, either for having no disclosed policy on antibiotic use in their meat and poultry supply chains, or for having policies that fail to phase out continued, routine use of medically important antibiotics in the production of the meats they purchase and serve: Applebee’s, Arby’s, Burger King, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Domino’s, IHOP, Jack in the Box, KFC, Little Caesars, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse Grill and Bar, Papa John’s Pizza, Pizza Hut, Sonic, Starbucks, Subway, Taco Bell, and Wendy’s.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/15/health/fast-food-meat-antibiotics-grades/

1 Like

El Pollo Loco is better

Almost always agree with Bob, and Sugar Fish is good going down, but I know a consensus of people who find it one of the best laxatives to be found.

I have gone from a Del Taco drive-thru right out to a Taco Bell drive-thru… both met in my stomach at home.

I’m with pimpmaster here. I really like the fries at del taco. But as Kevin knows the slightly stepped up nachos and jimmy burritos at plancha are like Taco Bell supremes plus.

2 Likes