Yui Edomase Sushi

After hearing some rave reviews of Yui Edomae which was opened by Gen-san, former head itamae at the equally raved but underwhelming Kabuto, I decided to take the plunge a little over a year ago.

This place is located in a few blocks east of Kabuto in Chinatown. I actually had a hard time finding the place, but driven by sushi cravings, I endured walking under the hot sun for a good 15 mins frantically searching for it after parking my car in the wrong plaza…

When we finally arrived, there were no customers present and my significant other and I had Gen-san all to ourselves. It was also odd that no other customer came the entire time we had our omakase. Perhaps because it was an odd Wednesday?

So what are my thoughts on Yui Edomase Sushi? Underwhelming. My main gripe was the rice after trying the entire nigiri menu. To my untrained palate, they were a tad on the dry side and rice temperature was uneven throughout the meal ranging from body temperature to almost piping hot when a new pot of rice arrived from the kitchen. Adding insult to the injury was the disastrous dessert at the end of the meal…

Maybe they’ve improved since? Let me know if that’s the case guys.

Dashi marinated spinach, enoki mushroom, and bonito flakes

Fukko / Baby sea bass

Shiokko / Baby premium yellowtail

Gen-san tells us that he polishes his rice from Japan daily

Kawahagi / Leather blowfish

Akami / Bluefin tuna

Longfinned bullseye

O-toro

Salmon roe

Hokkaido Uni

Chu-Toro

Gyoku

Anago / Sea eel

Kamashita

Awabi / Abalone

Nodoguro / Blackthroat seaperch

Botan Ebi / Botan Shrimp

Hotate / Hotate scallop

Mirugai / Giant Clam

Chu-Toro

Blue crab handroll

Fried crab chip

Green tea custard

Fruit Gelee

I’m positive that these fruit and juice came out of a canned fruit cocktail. I love canned fruit cocktail, but it’s ridiculous to be served as a dessert when I’m paying this much money…

Yui Edomae Sushi
3460 Arville St
Ste HS
Las Vegas, NV 89102

2 Likes

Totally looks like canned fruit cocktail :smile:

We had a much different experience. When we went on a Saturday the place was completely packed and we had to wait 15 minutes for our seats at the sushi counter to open up. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and thought the fish was good to great especially the kamashita, hotate and uni. You had some different cuts than we did.

The rice was fine but I am also no sushi rice expert. Maybe they had some issues because it was a slow night? They did refill the rice once during the meal but it was not piping hot.

Didn’t have the fruit cocktail for dessert. But we were pretty full by then so I don’t actually remember what we had for dessert.

This was the best sushi we’ve had in Las Vegas but I’d take that with a grain of salt because most of our other sushi experiences have been on the strip at places like Blue Ribbon, Nobu, Katsuya and other places we’ve gone befote clubs.

Maybe it was an off night. I’m glad they improved! I’m eyeing Kame Omakase next time I go to Vegas. Anyone been there?