Yum's Bistro (New chefs?)

I suppose this is more directed towards K K who knows more about the whole scene than I do, but my dad just alerted me to this blurb on the Epoch Times:

Have you been since Yum retired?

I went maybe three times in total during and after the transition and then last two times when Chef Yum was completely transitioned out… he did stay about a month after the selling of the business to advise the new staff and owner.

The kitchen is able to at least visually replicate some of the pre order dishes, but a lot of their former die hard regulars no longer go there under the new ownership, and many of those dishes don’t taste anywhere close. It’s quite sad.

Bear in mind these review articles are essentially paid advertisements. It’s exactly the same situation with Cooking Papa (new ownership) but the food is 1/3 of the quality it used to be. It’s a sad state of affairs for Cantonese.

@Night07 I did a little research (I know a few people…). Not from Chef Yum’s own words, but just as I had suspected, this was an opportunistic ad… the writeup states that the two new chefs are disciples…but that is incorrect… Yum was there to assist with the transition and showed them a few things, but by no means teaching them the exact tricks of the trade. Owner decided to use this photo to promote the restaurant. Epoch and the current owner are clearly in cahoots to use this to drum up business. Sigh.

Lol I omitted reading that post since I just saw the LA tag and going, well that can’t be related to Yum’s…

I recall only seeing Chef Yum there on my last meal at Yum’s (Dec 2017) and I think that’s pretty much right before he retired. I’m sad to hear that the team that took over isn’t quite the same and has become even more expensive :frowning:

… >_> Where is everyone going? I hate to be the last on a sinking ship lol.

Yeah, I kinda figured this was a giant advertisement, but kinda curious what was going on. I don’t usually pay any attention to Epoch Times, just curious if they had a reviewer or something like that (well only news I recall about them is being ProTrump which I find odd to disturbing…). Also disappointed when I went to the Foster City Cooking Papa somewhat recently, it definitely changed for the worse.

Mmm yep, my dad said that and I was like, didn’t he only help train them for like a month? lol. Sigh…