50 Best Tacos according to Yelp & Business Insider

Don’t shoot the messenger. There are more top 50 taco places in St George Utah & Indianapolis than all of California combined. 0 for SD, 0 for OC. 2 for LA.

Yay for lists. I’m glad that there are great tacos all across the country.

1 Like

Not surprised. It is, after all, Yelp.

LOL BI tried adding an adblocker script. Sorry BI, your content is not that valuable.

1 Like

Ave 26 is a solid generalist stand.

My best is Tire Shop or Los Poblanos

This really just cracks me up. And one - in Portland OR IIRC - is vegetarian!!! LOL

I’m a little suspicious of a list that has only 2 places in SoCal… which used to be part of Mexico!!! Haters.

2 Likes

You really are a taco man aren’t you?

1 Like

When there’s “one great place in town,” people will wait for hours and give it 5 stars. When there are a multitude, we nitpick :wink: Although scrolling through the list was an utter waste of time (and further commenting here on same), but at least I am coincidentally wearing a Jarritos t-shirt during this exercise.

2 Likes

I usually get Pineapple or Mango for Jarritos.

BUT

I must say the Grapefruit is probably the best. Not as popular as other flavors.

Thats a fair point. We have dozens (if not hundreds) of amazing taco spots in SD/OC/LA combined. I wonder how the best taco spot from some of these cities in the middle of the country with a tiny Mexican population and without the same access to ingredients/produce would compare to our best. You guys think some of the places listed on the Yelp top 50 from Utah, Missouri, Indiana, etc… would even crack the LA top 20? top 50?

1 Like

So true. Very funny.

[quote=“js76wisco, post:10, topic:5615”]
You guys think some of the places listed on the Yelp top 50 from Utah, Missouri, Indiana, etc… would even crack the LA top 20? top 50?
[/quote] :zipper_mouth:

Yes. Nonetheless, didn’t at least a few of them look like they had sauce as “authentic as the sauce on top of your authentic sushi rolls with fried tidbits?”

1 Like

Yes but I’m not sure authenticity = best. Revolutionario and Guerilla are delicious but not authentic in the same way as Leo’s El Chato, Tire Truck, etc… But I would still guess that those places from other states cannot possibly compete in SoCal. Much better to be a big fish in a little pond in this scenario.

2 Likes

[quote=“js76wisco, post:14, topic:5615”]
Yes but I’m not sure authenticity = best
[/quote]True. I must shamefully admit to liking Mondo Taco’s Buffalo Chicken Taco.

Of course not. I’d much rather have delicious over “authentic.” You figure there are how many restaurants / street vendors in Mexico serving tacos? Why, I bet a lot of them aren’t that good. But yes, they are authentic. And if they come to the USA, they’ll be preparing just the same “authentic” food on this side of the wall.