Any interest from the LA board in moving to HO?

Some people are on both boards. Heck, some people are still on Chowhound, too.

I am… and I don’t care what anybody thinks! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Me too. And others.

Is there anyway I can download all my posts on chowhound? I was there the other day and lots of shit I would like to keep. It said I started "from the very beginning. I think I did. It was just a white, plain board.

Don’t know about batch downloading. But for finding your posts, regular Google search is usually more effective than Chowhound’s search, which has always been unreliable. Try “chowhound myusername” in Google.

1 Like

To bolster what @CeleryVictor mentioned, Google search operators are frequently more effective than using any given sites search function.

I’m not a Chowhound member and this may be just one step in addressing the overall question of downloading all your posts but I’ve found that specifically searching within a site but using Google is very effective as in the following example:

myusername site:www.chowhound.com

To give a basic and concrete example, I remember using the same type of search when specifically looking for California burritos on Yelp when I first moved to LA. As you might imagine, the words “California” and “burrito” both appeared in some frequency on Yelp when narrowed to the LA area so it was more effective to put the following into Google than the results from Yelp’s own search function:

“California burrito” site: https://www.yelp.com/city/la

Many times I’ve Googled for things I know I posted on Chowhound and they no longer appear in the results. Can’t tell if CBS lost them or their mangled site just makes them unsearchable.