Anyone tried Pasta Sisters? Looks GOOD!

new location in culver city

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTtxvC_gdWo/

14 Likes

Congrats to @Francesco_Sinatra and team!

4 Likes

Thank you @President_Mochi
We are very excited for the new adventure!
Hope to see you soon.
F

9 Likes

So very excited. Such a great improvement to Culver City.

1 Like

Are you planning a full service place or takeout in CC?

Hi @Haeldaur and @CiaoBob ,

We are going to be still a CC and take out, but who orders in will have the food deliver to the table. like a regular restaurant.

But the concept and the food will be the same and at the same price.
We will add some more items because we have a wooden oven… so more specialty from our region!

11 Likes

This is awesome, congratulations! Its so much closer to where I live! Im just worried about the lines (but that’ll be a good thing :grin:)!

1 Like

Maybe this means the original location gets less crazy?

1 Like

Just went to this place today for the first time. Papparelle + bolognese. Delicious. Took home a sfogliatelle (didn’t try it yet). If all of their dishes as good as papparelle + bolongese, they deserve the success. Warm, efficient service. Looking forward to have home-style Italian pasta closer to home w/ the Culver City location.

4 Likes

Any word on where and approximately when???

sexy Nail polishes Porky belly.s

Never mind. Didn’t notice that thingy to click on until I went back to the OP.

Eater reports they’ll be taking over the old bucato space.

4 Likes

That’s great news!

[quote=“aaqjr, post:102, topic:2778”]
You can do fresh pasta with semolina flour (Evan Funke does this quite a bit) that will have more chew. But the Pasta Sisters will never be al dente -nor is it supposed to be. Just a different style.
[/quote]Ahh… I just learned something.

Hi @Dommy -

[quote=“Dommy, post:98, topic:2778”]
Instead, we get pasta, the cheese and charcuterie (They also have an AMAZING Prosciutto and are the only place in the hood to get amazing cheeses) and pesto. The pesto is like basil butter. It’s rich and HEAVY. The pastas always cook up amazing. The charcuterie and cheese are what we use for our homemade pizzas and are always worth the price (if not more)
[/quote] Excellent. Taking the ingredients home to whip up in your own kitchen is a much better idea than getting one of their freshly prepared pasta dishes to-go. I feel the way @Chowseeker1999 feels when she/he sees people getting their Howlin’ Ray’s to-go; I weep a little inside. Of course, the to-goers are still getting an excellent product. But for food obsessives? Not so much.

Thanks for sharing your pasta knowledge on this thread Dommy.

Hi @aaqjr -

[quote=“aaqjr, post:102, topic:2778”]
My only complaint is that they tend to over sauce but the extra bread on the side usually takes care of that.
[/quote]I believe you guys about the oversauced pastas - the pictures don’t lie. I guess I’ve been lucky or unlucky (no bread sopping). Ours have been perfect or in the case of the spaghetti bolognese, it was actually under-sauced a couple times.

I :heart: Pasta Sisters.

[quote=“strongoxman, post:129, topic:2778”]
Oh! Thank you–I did miss that, but there was an area along the counter that looked like it could have been used for bar seating, but instead was being used to display desserts. There were also 3 stools stacked on top of each other, unusable.
[/quote]That’s nuts. What were they thinking? The small bar is only one of three places to sit. Maybe it’s a ploy to get peeps to take-out :wink:. Last time we were there one of the owner/managers was sitting at that bar on a laptop with paperwork spread out :unamused:. She moved, but still…

Anyway, I’m just getting outraged for you though; we’ve actually been lucky getting seating. But it does seem from these recent posts that they’re getting way more crowded… ugh.

Still love their style of pastas, sauces… and those desserts? :heart_eyes:.

I ordered to-go, and I live within 10 minutes by car, so no biggie.

1 Like

Hi @frommtron -

What a dark horse you are. I notice things about pasta, like Funke’s chewier pasta and Pasta Sisters’ softer pasta. But never analyzed why. I assumed it was a chef’s style of pasta making or cooking time - not necessarily different ingredients.

That was great pasta schooling!