Anyone try Viale Dei Romani in West Hollywood?

any good, didn’t see any posts about it

bump

Looks like they built the restaurant inside a Restoration Hardware store.
We went and found it quite pricey and hit-or-miss; perhaps still getting it’s sea legs.
Shrimp crudo was not particularly good.
Spicy tuna with ceccina is just dumb.
There was a middle eastern influenced spead Smoked Eggplant and Cecci that was the best dish of the night.
Squid Pasta was great. Octopus was great.
A whole fish was fine but unmemorable.
Rice Pudding is a copy of the famous dish at Chez L’Ami Jean according to our friends (who declred it a perfect copy and loved it in both Paris and WeHo).

I will try them again in a few months I suppose but not rushing back.

1 Like

thank you for the report!

1 Like

went the other night w a buddy.

Definitely way overpriced…the pasta (had the amatriciana and squid ) is quite good though. Also had the Eggplant spread which was OK.

Don’t think i’ll go back.

I have reservations for next Saturday night for our anniversary dinner since we’re staying at the hotel. Should I cancel and look for something else? It’s slim pickins in that part of town.

1 Like

For something not too far from there, i’d definitely go to Osteria Mozza over there for an anniversary dinner… It’s like a 10minute drive from there. Much nicer ambiance IMO.

yes

Done

Got res at Osteria Mozza. What are some must order items?

Burrata & Braised Leeks
mustard vinaigrette & breadcrumbs

Ricotta & Egg Raviolo
with browned butter

Affettati Misti

Grilled Quail
wrapped in pancetta with honey & sage

Duck al Mattone
with pear mostarda & sauteed Brussels sprouts

2 Likes

The ribeye

I was surprised as well.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m sure the ribeye is delicious but I don’t order steaks at restaurants. I’m a bit of a beef geek, dry age my own beef at home, etc. I don’t like ordering something I can cook better or just as good at home.

1 Like

Nice move it’s a classy joint