Banned from Chowhound?

http://foodtalkcentral.com/t/why-you-cant-say-overrated/1582

I think that’s way too heavy-handed, but okay.

Not to mention that it was actually generating discussion about food and restaurants in LA.

The turn of events is very disappointing to say the least.

1 Like

I only locked the topic because Mr_JJ reversed my change as a moderator and was derailing the discussion with objections.

I unlocked the topic after deleting all the stuff that belongs in Site Feedback, if anywhere.

Having fun yet Robert??

Well, that didn’t take long.

F man,

that overrated thread was gonna be my favorite thread.

petit trois comes to mind.

Hi, Robert:

A brief update: I was “suspended” for posting traffic data (actually CH’s own data, viewable on the site!). I’ve been invited back, but I’d rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

FWIW, I humbly suggest you consider (or reconsider) merging this site with Hungry Onion’s. The two would compliment each other greatly, IMO.

Aloha,
Kaleo

2 Likes

I believe Hungry Onion wants to be a nonprofit, which makes no sense to me when with unobtrusive ads a site can pay for itself.

Their terms of service assert a Creative Commons license on posts. Posts here are owned by their authors.

They appear to have some top-down ideas about what they want the site to be. My intent here is to make it more user-defined and autonomous.

4 Likes

I just signed up and replied for one post. Minutes later my account was disabled. What a joke.

2 Likes

Had you been banned previously? I don’t understand the technical aspect but understand they can tract you through your ISP or something?

Not understand their rules. I don’t think I was trashing their site or whatever. Based on my experience, it is not user friendly to say least.

Brooks Li

Chowhound was originally and for many years more like this site in that the primary design goal was facilitating discussions among regular users.

CBS put it through the wood chipper to turn it into something more of a search site, like Yelp or Tripadvisor.

1 Like

Well… Welcome, welcome. Here you can trash the site all you want. Just as long as you talk about good food :slight_smile:.

Ummmm… that sucks, but it would help if you told us what your post was. Just sayin’.

1 Like

I just replied to a post discussing Chili Bean Paste with a picture of the paste I have.

Brooks Li

Oh geez - you should’ve known better - you get a timeout! :wink::grin::blush: That site has gone wackos.

I wonder if Melanie will ever drift over here . They should be ready again for another makeover . Remember all the bitching . That was great . I was booted pretty quickly during that period . That relationship is long gone .:middle_finger:

1 Like

If you posted a picture without text, it may have looked like spam from someone promoting the product. Especially if it was your first and only post.

Yup. That’d be my guess too.