Bludso's La Brea > Bludso's Compton

You could order through Goldbelly. 300% markup but free shipping! :rofl:

https://www.goldbelly.com/bludsos-bbq/

What are these people smoking?!? oh yea, meat

I ended up passing on Bludso’s to cater a party at my home last year in part because the fees contributed significantly to the per person cost. Pickup was free, but I didn’t have time for that. Ended up going with an Indian food place that delivered locally for free…

1 Like

Yea, i’m going to have to ask for clarification on the pickup fee, i feel like my colleague is wrong. it can’t be that they charge 18% for pickup no matter how large an order it is.

Looking back at my recorsd, actually the fees weren’t too bad. I was led to believe that gratuity was optional, since they sent me a digital proposal. When I clicked on the link, it had listed $40 for the delivery fee, and gave me the option of how much (if any) gratuity to leave. This was in November 2018.

Soooo much leftovers. That’s dinner for me. In the end it’s not my money

So very dry today.

Was there any smoke on the brisket? It looks brown with no pink ring :(((((((

1 Like

Lean brisket is a mistake, was for the little one tho. Not very smoky

It would be hard to go back after that.

:sob:

I was at Produ Bird a few weeks back and the brisket looked and tasted much better than your pic. Did not order it lean so was not dry. Nice smoke and juicy.

Yes, no complaint about the brisket… never get lean… but kids are stupid . the ribs and rib tips were just brutal… i think they’re so big that they’re just preparing days in advance and reheating too much… but i’m guessing… chicken was ok… tasted great, low smoke… not too too dry.

1 Like

How was the salt level? Last time I got Bludso’s brisket (over a year ago), it was almost inedible.

underseasoned for me.

Who’s the BBQ king of LA? Happy to travel south

Nobody seems to have any sort of consistency around here - it’s going to be the same names you’ve already aware of.

Has anyone had Ragtop Ferns? Seems to be doing good IG business but we know how that ended up with Trudy’s.

We don’t have a BBQ culture here and you really need that culture to have great BBQ.
Bludso’s, at its very best, is just alright. And they might be the best thing around.

1 Like

Moo’s Barbeque is at Smorgasborg on Sundays.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.foodandwine.com/travel/restaurants/moos-craft-barbecue-los-angeles

2 Likes

Moo’s and Ray’s are the best for my money. Moo’s is better imo but slower and only at Smorgasburg. Ray’s is a little less consistent but more accessible.

Ragtop Fern’s is good but he’s not doing Texas style so it’s a little different, more emphasis on ribs and sauce, less pure smoke and meat.

3 Likes

Nice! Always down to see if good BBQ can work here. Hope’s spring is eternal.

1 Like