Breakfast Burrito

Angry Egret Dinette has a couple of veggie options that are great (as is their pork on pork one).

6 Likes

Just had Petite Peso’s breakfast offerings today…a strong breakfast burrito contender there.

6 Likes

OMG! Thanks for reporting about this! How is the Potato Taro Hashbrown?

–Dommy!

Doubting Thomas in Historic Filipinotown has a Veggie Breakfast Burrito and a good coffee and baked goods program.

2 Likes

Warrior: I recommend the “Calito” burrito with vegan marinated steak at Localita (small vegan shop) in DTLA. They also have a breakfast burrito called the “Brekkie,” which is fine if you like black beans and tofu, but trust me, the Calito is the one more likely to win you over. Get the “steak” (seitan) over the “chicken” (processed soy). It is delicious.

1 Like

Found the cheapest (and decent) breakfast burrito at Grace Cafe near DTLA… $3.95!

2 Likes

Just don’t bother with the breakfast burrito at Wendy’s – that thing is so bad and such an insult to real burritos that it might qualify as a hate crime.

3 Likes

Any of the _____ (insert random male name) Burgers aka The So Cal diner that is ubiquitous is going to have a solid breakfast burrito in comparison to the major chains.

@cin have you tried Burrito Break? It’s hard to beat that price!

https://www.burrito-break.com/menu

I really wanna try Lowkey!

I love Chori-Man, La Azteca, Phannys and Cofax! Hell I’ll take any of the so cal diners BB or even hood burger places like Tam’s.

I need to try Angry Egret, Doubting Thomas, Jugos Azteca (same family that does the famous huaraches on York, a juice or a smoothie does sound really good with a BB), Tacos Villa Corona (Beastie Boys favorite!), Georges Burger Stand (Armando from Guisados), and Burrito Break.

Confession: I never had Corner Cottage and Lucky Boy. I don’t make it to Burbank and Pasadena too often. I’ll correct that one day.

In OC, I like Nicks, Ham N Scram, Troys, and Nates Korner. I have not tried Athenian 3 yet.

You have no idea how much I miss breakfast burritos out on the east coast

4 Likes

that Lucky boy BB is really good but might be best consumed while still in HS or College! It’s pretty big lol!

5 Likes

Bacon breakfast burrito with avocado and extra sides of salsa from Lucky Boy is still great. Not great for my middle-aged waistline, though…

7 Likes

Both are good but (I think) super overrated. They’re decent but I can’t think of anything unusual about either except Lucky Boy’s is very large and available late at night and Corner Cottage comes with very spicy salsa (and huge line).

2 Likes

Stick to alertos/alfredos/albertos

1 Like

i’ve enjoyed the breakfast burritos at Macheen/Milpa Grille. They have a variety of meat options as well as a couple of veggie ones.

3 Likes

In high school - and some days still - that was more than enough.

2 Likes

Lol Damn dude in other words hard pass for you.

No way am I going to finish a whole Lucky Boy BB. Just the thought makes me want to check in to Cedars Sinai Cardiac Cath lab

3 Likes

Haven’t heard of Burrito Break before! Thanks for the rec!

Those Lucky Boy BBs have to be delish, their bacon is delish! well, for a fast food place and they pile it on my burger, I can imagine how they must pile it on in the burrito. well, pre-covid.

3 Likes

I’m probably in the minority but I almost never buy breakfast burritos because they are so easy to make at home. Get some good torillas, don’t forget the crispy tater tots, choose your meat(s), scramble some nice eggs and control the amount of cheese you want.

We end up making a lot of these on Wed, Thur and Fri using leftovers from Taco Tuesday.

3 Likes