Brunch Young Hollywood Style

Grand Central Market…Salazar

Oh! I like GCM a lot, and would like something more upscale and occasion feeling. Same for Salazar.

Nobu Malibu, Catch LA, drinks at Chateau Marmont

I hadn’t thought of drinks at Chateau Marmont! Thank you, that’s great. My friend is not enthused about sushi.

Spago, Otium, Redbird

She goes to Otium and Redbird for business, and I’m trying to keep this out of her familiar ground. Spago could be good.

Exchange Restaurant at the Freehand Hotel

Aiiee. This is new for me, thank you!

Penthouse in Santa Monica

I’ve been up there for coffee, and late night drinks–all work related. Hmm.

3 Likes

Soho House

Don’t overlook getting an “adult” smoothie.

I thought of Soho. Who has an in?

189 BY DOMINIQUE ANSEL dim sum style carts

1 Like

Thank you one and all for the suggestions.

This weekend we went for brunch at the Sunset Tower hotel (lovely Old Hollywood setting; nothing spectacular about the food).

Then we trotted over to Chateau Marmont for the 5 cheese plate + two mimosas. I’d absolutely eat/drink there again, could not have been lovelier.

I have tentative plans with another girlfriend for brunch at Republique in the near future.

6 Likes

Has anyone been to Stocking Frame for weekend breakfast? If so, how big is it? We have a big party. Don’t take reservations.

place is GIANT

1 Like

Perfect. We’ll go early.

I love Stocking Frame and miss it (used to work nearby). It’s an enormous place.

1 Like

Great

In the same are (DTLA), a better option for brunch nowadays (including lunch with a large group) is the Exchange.

Looks good and they accept reservations.

What’s a good option for a group of like 20? Holly, West Holly, West west. Needs to be nice (i dont know mierda about brunch)

If Sunday, the Sunset Marquis has a great brunch.

2 Likes

Thank you

Butcher, Baker, Cappuccino Maker - Sunset Terrace

A few may remember my pout about missing Providence’s En Voyage Sea Urchin! The kids (not really kids) had out-of-town guests and wanted to go for brunch or dinner. After waiting & skipping the cutoff for En Voyage they settled on Sunday brunch at BBCM… Argh! We could’ve done both. But, spending time with the fam is always top priority :two_hearts: and the out-of-towners were stoked about the venue. So…

Pretty, Whimsical, Instagramable…

Okay, enough stealing photos from the internet and the tables of unsuspecting diners. :blush:

The Butcher’s Eggs Benedict - Buttermilk Biscuits, Hollandaise, Choice of Pork Belly, Short Rib, Fried Chicken, Smoked Salmon or Avocado + Fruit Cup

I chose smoked salmon on the side. One bite… two bites… What?!! This was the best eggs benedict I’ve had in a long while - delicious, bright yellow, perfectly poached eggs and smooth, tangy, buttery, good salty, yolky hollandaise, a dust of cayenne & chives, a light, buttery, thin, but fluffy biscuit and delicately smoked salmon. :hearts:

Filet Mignon + Eggs + Hollandaise Sauce

It was fine. I used to love filet but either this one was boring with ok texture or I just don’t love it anymore… but there was that delicious hollandaise sauce again! :slightly_smiling_face:

Breakfast Potatoes

My breakfast potato thinking is a generic name, no description = an under-cooked, under-seasoned afterthought and the only thing to do is request extra crispy. Didn’t need it! :blush: Even my friend’s potatoes without the extra crispy were golden, crispy outside & fluffy potatoey inside. Plus a dusting of tasty seasonings. Really good.

Fried Chicken Sandwich (spicy or mild), Red Pepper Cumin Honey, Apple Kale Slaw, Brioche Bun

I didn’t try it and our friend (a dude) was very skeptical about putting apple kale slaw on a fried chicken sandwich… he loved it.

1/2 Lb Butcher Burger w/Gruyère, Onion Jam, Herb Aioli, Pickles, Brioche Bun

It looked charbroiled and very juicy.

Fish & Chips - Rockfish Filet, Sweet Potato Fries, Apple Kale Slaw, Tartar Sauce

Buttermilk Pancakes, Blueberry Cardamom Compote, Maple Butter & Syrup

The gals shared a bottle of sparkling something and the guys had Old-fashioneds. I didn’t try every dish :slightly_smiling_face: but aside from hubby’s boring steak & eggs everyone was very pleased… and I, pleasantly surprised.

:clinking_glasses::champagne::fried_egg:

7 Likes