Condiment Love....your fave's?

Why not?

condiment
[kon-duh-muh nt]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
something used to give a special flavor to food, as mustard, ketchup, salt, or spices.

Okay, according to the bible, you’re right.

But I still don’t agree.

1 Like

LOL. I just think of it as anything that adds flavor. But when I count “dozens” of condiments it is mostly jars and bottles :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was a coincidence. “Condiments” for some stir fry. Behind them are various oils and vinegars.

2 Likes

Anyone got a preferred brand for gochujang?

IMG_20180815_153403187

1 Like

My method for choosing this brand - I went to Galleria market and asked an older Korean lady in the aisle which one I should buy. She picked this one for me.

3 Likes

Can someone suggest a bottled Asian sweet/sour sauce in the style of CfA Polynesian sauce?

I’ve never had that but would it be like this?

" Mae ploy - sweet chili sauce 10 fl. oz.for dipping is delicious with grilled chicken and deep fried foods. The taste is mildly spicy and sweet. It’s pinkish-red color and confetti-like specks of chili flakes make it a visually appealing condiment.

[

Amazon.com : Mae Ploy - Sweet Chili Sauce 10 Fl. Oz. : Chile …

](Amazon.com)

I love white wine worcestershire but apparently am the only one. Cant find it anywhere. Anyone have a source?

Here ya go:

yes, something like that.

Currently unavailable. But thanks for trying.

Maggi - Makes Shit Good #msg

AC_SY400

3 Likes

I bet you can find it at almost any Asian market. I have.

Evidently Whole Foods has quite a deep selection of sweet/sour sauces. I was looking for something higher quality than the Mae Ploy I grew up with so I ended up with this Grama’s sauce. Pretty good but needs some spice so I cut it with chili crisp.

Condiments really take this frozen meal to the next level:

TJ Thai chicken stix with sweet and sour cocaine
Costco Ajinomoto yakitori fried rice cut w/chili crisp

3 Likes

Does anyone use something other than tartar sauce for fish sticks?

Here you go, my friend. Also good on oysters.

I do use that stuff in addition to tartar but not a replacement for. Some southern you-buy-we-fry type joints I frequent only offer Red Rooster…I always find myself craving tartar too.

1 Like

You want a creamy replacement? Why not just use tartar sauce?