Cookies - what's your favorite right now?

I really like the cookie with the rice crispy treat toppings or their chocolate chip. Actually, I like all their cookies.

My partner just came home with some fantastic cookies from Deluscious. They had a fantastic texture: crisp on the edges, and intensely chewy.
The oatmeal raisin filled the air with cinnamon when we opened the bag.
We got:
Chocolate white chocolate toffee

Oatmeal raisin

Cinnamon brûlée

Chocolate chip (not pictured, we ate it too quick) was unbelievable. Still warm from the oven, melty chocolate, gooey middle and crunchy edges.

The only misstep was the cinnamon brûlée which had a wonderful crispy chewy texture but a too sweet cloying flavor.

Even with the one bad cookie, these are some of the best I’ve ever had.

Deluscious cookies and milk
829 N Highland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038

4 Likes

Oh wow, that’s close. I :heart: the crispy chewies.

I highly recommend it. They’re wonderful

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the Porchini Chocolate Chip cookies at Triniti are stupendous.

1 Like

Just had a surprisingly good chocolate chip cookie from Panera of all places. Thick and chewy.

my favorite right now… where Ink used to be in my old hood

1 Like

Crispy edges, chewy center.

3 Likes

I should have had that as a third option.

2 Likes

Okay, after a good look, @WesSabi, I get it. They don’t seem like the types to stand in line for an expensive gourmet cookie. And why would a cookie shop need a security guard?

I like all cookies lol. I haven’t had a cookie in approximately two months which makes me really sad.

2 Likes

Okay, after a good look, @WesSabi, I get it. They don’t seem like the types to stand in line for an expensive gourmet cookie. And why would a cookie shop need a security guard?

they make pot cookies now. really, really strong pot cookies. girl scout cookies are also a double entendre.

so I’ve heard.

2 Likes

ya, it’s a weed spot

I’m not generally a fan of the baked goods at Bristol Farms, but something made me buy a pack of the crispy thin brownie chips and I am not regretting it in the least. These are very crispy - there is no give whatsoever - but they have a good chocolate taste. I don’t think one can do much better in Westwood.

1 Like

Unless you count in the (admittedly sentimental) perennial local cookie monster: Diddy Riese.

3 Likes

they have their fans but its terrible to me. not worth the incredibly cheap price the one time i tried it.

Totally understandable. A lot of the love Diddy Riese gets is from current/former UCLA students/staff who harbor more local institution support / sentimentalist reasons.

1 Like

I think the oatmeal raisin cookies at De Neve is the best in Westwood.

Nothing but the best for those with tenure. ;-D

Just tried the cookie there for the first time this past weekend (chocolate chip). Not bad at all. Not nearly as decadent as The Cookie at Bristol Farms, but I’m okay w/ that b/c I sometimes feel totally gross (and not in a good way) after eating a full The Cookie (and I can’t just stop at half). The choc chip at Vanilla has wonderful oozy chocolate, and I don’t feel like I need to have my arteries cleansed afterward…