Costco faves

It took about 2 minutes to find this. I’m not sure it supports your conclusion, but it’s only the Mayo Clinic.

Ipse, I have no idea if COQ10 does anything for me or not. My point was that a doctor I’ve learned to trust implicitly suggested it, so I’m not prone to thinking it’s a placebo. He doesn’t blow smoke, at least as far as I know.

My only point was that if it works for you, it matters little what the science says.

Because it works. For you. And that’s all that matters.

1 Like

There is no link

Medicine is all about science based evidence

This is now way off topic but my final thought is that I always scratch my head when the next study comes out and reverses the previous study about the impact of something… like the benefits of drinking wine.

As I said before, if you look at every study which is published you will get the impression that the “evidence” is changing often - the problem with the large majority of studies is that they don’t have enough power (more simplified are too small) to have any significant meaning. There is a reason why the FDA requires P3 studies before approval as only those studies are large enough to eliminate statistical problems, payient selection bias etc. 99% of these studies which claim that Q10 or any food etc has a positive or negative effect on the human body wouldn’t deliver the same results if run under P3 conditions. (Ultimately the problem is that a lot of research in academia is run to generate publications and grants and not to approve drugs and so don’t consider if the study design is useful)

Suddenly I miss that Chowhound over moderation - this would have been a good thread to do the “sorry folks - but this is drifting off topic and …” thing. :pouting_cat:

I’m not exactly sure I remember where honkman works, but I’m pretty sure both of us have jobs because medicine is moving from being somewhat of an art (albeit one that used the scientific method as much as possible) to a more of a science.

1 Like

I know, I know but science is such an interesting field to discuss but I will stay quite know and listen to others talking about the joys of buying 50lb buckets of butter at Costco

“Mile o’ floss”

This is where I miss the nesting of replies in threads.

1 Like

Quite the contrary - I think that J_L_'s response applies to the sidebar discussion quite aptly.

LOL

The reason this is where I miss the nesting feature is that my post was in reply to your post:

“Suddenly I miss that Chowhound over moderation - this would have been a good thread to do the “sorry folks - but this is drifting off topic and …” thing.
I’m not exactly sure I remember where honkman works, but I’m pretty sure both of us have jobs because medicine is moving from being somewhat of an art (albeit one that used the scientific method as much as possible) to a more of a science.'”<<

not to J_L_'s.

In this format it’s very difficult to tell what posts are replies and, if they are, to whom they’re replying. I see the drop-down with the number of replies but I don’t see an option to read the thread with all those replies nested for you. Am I missing that?

Smoked salmon (Scottish style)
Smoked Whitefish
Farmer John bacon (at half the supermarket price)
Advil (I’m old)
Natural peanut butter

Gotta admit I like their pot pie (though it’s not the best reheated it’s pretty darn good fresh baked on night one).

1 Like

DH loves the polish dog with drink…I wish they had a turkey dog or veggie one for me.

1 Like

Listen to others talking about the joys of buying 50 pounds of butter… :hankey:

When I watch the famous SNL skit with Mike Myers of Sprockets, I always think of you Herr Dieter Honk!

https://screen.yahoo.com/sprockets-000000830.html

1 Like

What’s better about a turkey one vs. polish ?

If you recall, our beloved Plumeria doesn’t eat red meat.

1 Like

and then of course, the giant bucket o’biscotti.

the last time I was there they started separating the cap from the eye of prime ribeye, and selling them separately. i bought two packs of prime ribeye cap which were really good.

1 Like