Creating Genuine, Unique Flavors with a Humble Canvas - The Delicious, Interesting Porridges and More at Porridge and Puffs [Thoughts + Pics]

I won’t win any prizes for re-plating, but perhaps the true prize is how tasty every course was…
#porridgeandpuffs #CalamansiForTheWin

17 Likes

How was the salad with creamy tarragon dressing? :grin:

1 Like

Hopefully somewhere there is the pickled watermelon rind in passion fruit. That bite even before the porridge blew my mind and sold me on the place.

4 Likes

This…

True dat - tough ones to plate but damn yummy.

I’m not proficient on IG - my contest photos were/are too big and a couple cutoff. DIL is now schooling me. :slightly_smiling_face: Here’s the dinner in the medium I’m most comfortable with… FTC.

Gold Set - Composing a Big Meal From a Stuffed Box

Miso Roasted Bone-in Chicken Thighs (choice of protein optional) / Roasted Veggies / Cold Tofu Salad / Potato Salad / Beets / Seasonal Pickles / Pickled Egg / Rice + Legumes

Here it goes…

Vedge on a Plate

Yep, the pickled vedge is special @JeetKuneBao. :slightly_smiling_face:

Beets Two-Ways

Miso Roasted Bone-in Chicken Thighs / Roasted Veggies / Pickled Egg / Rice + Legumes

I took advantage of the beet juice seepage and garnished the rice + legumes with fuchsia colored grains. Reheated (sans eggs) and served on an oven-safe plate.

Happily Reunited w/Pickled Eggs

I rarely order chicken in restaurants because I’m a chicken cooker; skin-on, bone-in are my specialty. Shut that front door @Chowseeker1999 @attran99 @Hungrydrunk @moonboy403 @NYCtoLA @PorkyBelly and Others! :blush: Even reheated on a plate it was moist, juicy and the perfect skin was even perfecter (spices, caramelized miso, acidity, charred chicken fat, yum). No inside shot… Hungry! The pickled eggs had a little spillage (ummm takeout). But guess where they spilled? On the rice! :hearts:

It was at first hard to imagine no Porridge from Porridge + Puffs. No complaints here!

Edit: I forgot dessert!

Brown Butter Mochi :hearts:

They really know how to do good things with Mochi.

15 Likes

that chicken looks so good

1 Like

Wow look at that chicken and rice!

2 Likes

7 Likes

…and creamy tarragon dressing.

1 Like

Lol! The hate is strong :slight_smile:

How are you with chervil btw?

1 Like

I can totally handle chervil.

1 Like

Nice plating @J_L. :slight_smile: Looks like a lovely dinner!

1 Like

Hi @TheCookie,

Thanks for the great report back. Yes that Chicken & Rice looks fantastic! :blush:

It’s neat that the Gold Set changes (and not just preset). We didn’t get the Chicken in our last Gold Set, but I hope it’s available next time we go. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great! FOMO is real!

1 Like

More info on the Miso Roasted Chicken. I was curious about the tang and thought maybe Lemongrass. Nope, even better. “It’s fermented in sake lees for a few days which naturally tenderizes the chicken without msg.” :hearts:

5 Likes

Can confirm that PP is back at the OG location Friday -Sunday! The website is not updated nor do I see any online order, updates on Eater, but I got the goods just visit during regular hours? Sorry my details are little sketch but In my brief conversation with chef Minh, she wants a very slow roll out.

Porridge and pickles forthe rainy cold weather!

7 Likes