Critiki’s Ten Best Tiki Bars in the World 2017

https://news.critiki.com/2017/10/31/critikis-ten-best-tiki-bars-in-the-world-2017/

Never been…=(

Every time I pass by Tiki Ti on Sunset in the afternoon there is a line, always a line. For a bar!!

The Tiki Ti is worth the wait. I don’t even drink anymore but I’d still return for the ambiance and a virgin Bloody Tiki. It used to be a weekly haunt when I lived a few blocks away for $5 Ray’s Mistake on Wednesday’s. Intimate, family run tiki spot with a loyal crowd. It was one of the few L.A. bars where you could still smoke indoors, but I heard that in they’ve nixed that in recent years. Find an afternoon or evening to get in line for tiki time :palm_tree:

3 Likes

If I lived closer, I would be there all the time but when you factor in a hotel it gets expensive.

There’s always a line cause it’s really tiny.

Martin Cate has 3 spots on this list, all well-deserved. Between the ambiance, ingredients and bartending skills it’s hard to beat his spots. I highly recommend False Idol in San Diego and Smuggler’s Cove in SF.

And while not on the list, Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel is excellent too. They’ll make an alcoholic Dole Whip as well as many old drinks from Trader Vic’s and Don the Beachcomber.

1 Like