December Weekend Rundown (2015)

Love that Veal tongue!

Aww, thanks! I’ve actually been out of state.

The chicharron was more like a thick slice of porchetta, so it was pretty big. The two of us barely finished it, although we did order a lot of food for just two people (as usual :roll_eyes:).

Today: 16 piece chicken from Dok Dok Chicken. Half spicy soy-garlic and half honey butter. The batter on this chicken was perfect, imo. Super crispy and the meat was nice and juicy. The spicy soy garlic wasn’t really spicy but it was very garlicky and highly addictive! I did not like the honey butter one, though. It was way too sweet and reminded me of gross pancake syrup. :confused:

2 Likes

Grimaldi’s El Segundo and it’s still great.

2 Likes

Is KazuNori any good? It looks good, but it’s by the people/person responsible for Sugarfish, and if I were king I’d imprison those people or make them fight hungry lions.

The SugarFish people know exactly what they are doing. Kazu Nori and their Nozawa Bar basically show that they are just playing the public like a fiddle with the rest of their restaurants.

1 Like

Back Home in Lahaina

Nachos

Fried saimin w/ char siu chicken

Xi’an Wei

Beef soup

Chinese hamburger

Biang biang mian

Eggslut

Fairfax add sausage on biscuit

6 Likes

Great photos!!! It was so dark when we went, ours were hopeless. :stuck_out_tongue:

–Dommy!

1 Like

Sweetfin Poke Santa Monica…and it was really good,

Thanks! It’s only because we sat at the counter which was very well lit. :smile:

Had Golden State’s fish sandwich today. Delicious.

4 Likes

Brunch - otium

Funnel cake foie gras

Dinner - bestia

Chicken liver

Cauliflower

Burrata pizza

Clams and mussels

Bone marrow

Cavatelli

Lobster uni spaghetti

Lamb neck

4 Likes

Wow those bestia pictures look great.

2 Likes

Lovely food at Bestia, but I don’t like sitting out on that patio. Seems like an after-thought and kind of takes away from the experience.

That was really disappointing to me too. The rabbit legs with the simpler, lighter chicken fried steak gravy work so much better.

ugh. I don’t understand why Dok Dok won’t up its heat…

Also, was Broken Spanish completely dead inside, still?

Two Po’Boys from Little Jewel off the specials board.

Holiday Turkey Po’Boy w/Cranberry Sauce and Chaurice Stuffing on a Buttered Bun.

New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp Po’Boy.

4 Likes

How did you get such remarkably good lighting in Bestia?..

Me neither. I know Kyochon’s not to everyone’s liking, but their spice level is perfect for me.

Broken Spanish was actually really packed that night.

1 Like

That dish is amazing.

Yeah, it’s always had people in there when we walked past (Which is often on the way to the train)

–Dommy!

1 Like

Hey, sorry I juat saw your post, thanks for stopping by! How was everything?