DineLA - Picks and Food

Figured it would be a good idea to have a thread since it’ll let other FTCers know good picks instead of perusing the monstorous DineLA website.

Where is everyone going? What are the good deals and menu recommendations?

Fogo de Chao is always a good deal during dineLA.

3 Likes

I might go to Pok Pok for their $20 lunch. The khao soi alone is $16 on the regular lunch menu.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. Good thread. Our favorite last time was Connie & Ted’s. Really good menu selections and the service wasn’t rushed.

5 Likes

Nice! $15 lunch or dinner

5 Likes

Heading to Charcoal on Friday night.

3 Likes

During the last Dine LA, we went to Craft LA.
Very accommodating, professional service, with incredible food.

Haven’t decided on a spot for this latest Dine LA run.

3 Likes

Will probably go back again before the end of next week.

3 Likes

Heading for Upstairs 2 tonight.

$29 dinner at Papilles is a good one.

2 Likes

That’s a good one. I remember seeing the menu last time and it looked good & right. That’s where we’ll go. Thanks.

I love that place, and the DineLA menu was a good deal last time I went.

I was thinking of trying Pok Pok, I’ve never been. Worth the drive from West LA?

And I’m probably going to Water Grill for lunch. Other than that, I haven’t seen anything that sounds interesting. Everyone is serving kale salad, fish/sandwich/Mary’s chicken (of course), and cookies or sorbet or donut holes.

I exaggerate (of course), but nothing jumped out at me.

1 Like

MB Post has a nice one with a choice of three dishes from a list plus a choice of dessert from a shorter list for $39. The Moroccan lamb belly and the skirt steak with red chimichurri were great (as was the Elvis for dessert) but the soft shell crab was a tad disappointing. Charcoal and Hanjip also hav very good deals (Hanjip is an AYCE for $29); Connie & Ted’s is another worthwhile option and I note that Chinois is offering their famous lobster with curry rice and flash fried spinach as one of the dinner options and I like the premium ($95+) menus on offer at Providence, Spago and the Arthur J.

4 Likes

Pok Pok has been great lately.

1 Like

I’ve never been, but the stark contrast in portion size for Alexander Steakhouse’s $115 Dine LA menu choice between an 18 oz Omaha Prime T-Bone Steak, or 3 oz A5 Wagyu Beef from Kagoshima, Japan, was interesting, LOL. :slight_smile:

But I couldn’t imagine eating 18 oz of A5 Wagyu. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I need to do that pok pok lunch

Jeez $115 is still so much.

1 Like

Pok Pok is definitely better than any Thai food you’ll get on the Westside. Unless you wanna wait for n+m venice to open

1 Like

KazuNori is a terrible DineLA value - $29 for their dinela dinner which is 6 rolls + sashimi. Their normal 6 roll set is $23, and the sashimi is like $7.50. There’s 1 roll difference in the 6 roll set, which is the yamaimo instead of bay scallop, which is worth ~.50. So you save $2 by doing their DineLA dinner.

So I said fuck that and got a 7 roll set for ~$28. I was debating a 9 roll set/$34 for maximum food/minimum cost (the 6 roll set + the 3 roll set).

1 Like