DineLA - Picks and Food

@aaqjr Dammit.

Too bad. Looks exactly like the gazpacho you & I loved at Craft. But obviously didn’t taste like it. Is creamier puréed gazpacho a new trend?

It depends on the restaurant, I think. I like both. I’m easy. :slight_smile:

Sous-vide seafood? Every time I think I understand the concept of sous-vide, someone throws in a zinger.

I noticed you like both. You made a nice looking gazpacho too.

Yeah, it’s my go-to in summer. If it’s on a menu, I usually order it. And I just made another batch, lol. I wonder who else has gazpacho for DineLA…

Very healthy! Good question.

‘creamier’ gazpacho is more traditional Spanish, bread is soaked in with the tomatoes and veg -gives the end product a creamy taste and orange color with out the dairy. Personally I am always suspicious of red gazpacho.

I haven’t been to Sambar for dinela, but I am a fan in general, their goat curry is great among other things and boozy punches are strong and good.

Ahhh… I see. I really like it that way. Thanks.

I’ve never been to Hanjip b/f tonight, so I can’t comment on the value relative to the normal menu. Friend and I had the AYCE $29 dinner. Meat is definitely a step (or 3) above the AYCE joints in K-town, so we felt happy w/ the meal overall. The only problem is that one of the servers seems new and unfamiliar w/ Korean food (he didn’t understand what I meant when I referred to “Kalbi” and he then proceeded to cut the short rib into VERY small pieces until I asked him to cut them into slightly larger pieces). Kimchi fried rice at the end was nice but was not cooked on the grill.

Well, there was one other prob (not food related). One of the servers was VERY handsy…

BTW, valet parking in the area is $8 (!!!).

I tried making fried rice on the grill, ONCE…

1 Like

There are public lots a block or two in either direction. First hour free, $1 each half hour after that. Follow the signs.

Love Hanjip. The regular dinner menu gets pricey, but they have great lunch specials.

How did it go? :slight_smile:

I tried one of them. Totally full. :frowning: It took me 20 min to go all the way up to the top floor and then to get to the exit (there was a HUGE line to exit). Since I was meeting a friend and running late for a reservation, I just ate the valet cost. But good info to know.

Touching your food or… Not with you I hope!!! either way, inappropriate.

No, it was absolutely with me. It was really bizarre. Lots of arm and chest and back rubbing. And, no, he didn’t do that with ANY of men who were seated at the adjacent tables (dining partner and I watched).

Cap’n Crunch cookie is like crack.

Avocado sandwich, which is vegan, almost makes me understand why people choose a vegan lifestyle. Almost.

I wish they had that option full time, even for a higher price. The portions seem so much nicer for a solo diner.

1 Like

I wish all restaurants did that. Even half portions. I’m not a big eater, and I’d like have two or three things without going home with two or three boxes.

Indeed; the best thing about tasting menu places!

Kind of the epitome of a first world problem, but yeah, I can never relate to all those Yelper’s constantly complaining about how small the portions are at modern restaurants.

1 Like

Reviving this thread. Where is everyone thinking about going/eating?

What looks good?