Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- OCTOBER 2016 -- NOMINATIONS

My original idea was if we got enough votes for REGIONAL CUISINE in the “nomination” phase, we could all throw in our pick for a particular region in the “voting” phase - yes like Oaxaca. But as nosh pointed out, it doesn’t really work that way. But I’m willing to throw it out there again. What the hey…

I like your thoughts on seasonality too @bulavinaka.

Eggs (not caps) could get a lot of fun action @Bookwich.

1 Like

CHEAP EATS

BALLER EATS
#theotherwhitemeat

SLUTTY EATS

6 Likes

GOOD EATS!!

3 Likes

Genuine question: are you nominating dishes of which the poster thinks Alton Brown would approve? :wink:

What’s in the dish that appears to be glowing??? Looks like seafood of some sort…

That’s funny. What’s the last one?

i love CHEAP EATS but I feel like we need to set a dollar amount before you expense account bastards start posting $25pp pre tax/tip meals as if they were cheap eats.

7 Likes

raindrop cake, aka hipster jello.

1 Like

I was thinking set a price too… $15 per meal?

that’s reasonable IMO but to accommodate the ballers I think we should round to a jackson, tax/tip included.

I don’t think the extra $5 is going to help the ballers. They can do their balling on their off time. After all, DOTM is a challenge in a way. But $20 is a good price point. That’s $20 per person?

And beverage??? :smiley:

1 Like

breast implant aka water cake

a bunch of different sea creatures include firefly squid, octopus, mussels, and cockles, from takazawa in tokyo.

Agree - CHEAP EATS to me is under $10/pp :no_mouth:

5 Likes

Hilarious

Now that is a challenge @chinchi. I like it. CHEAP EATS is a good one before the holidays. Although I agree with @Ns1 that $20 would make it easier, it’s not much of a challenge though. It’s also not considered cheap eats to some. How about no more than $15 w/drink, tax, tip included (per person)? It’s not like we have to eat every meal this way. Just DOTM entries.

Hey @paranoidgarliclover - Did you notice I’m getting the hang of this multiple nominations thing? :grin:

1 Like

Most of what I eat in LA is under $20.

Some of the best meals are under $20.

It would be endless and a lot of cross posting. This month is Thai, we could pretty much repost everything in that thread.

fine, $5 cap.

1 Like