Epic! Revolutionario's North African Tacos

Wait. I’m hopelessly uncool and I’m a bit of a knucklehead.
What do FZ and RP stand for?

Just guessing but the Chef’s name is Farid Zadi (FZ) Maybe his wife is the other ?

Dodgers GM Farhan Zaidi

Lakers GM Rob Pelinka

Who’s your GM?

I have 2 people whom I call GrandMa.

2 Likes

Gotcha!
My general manager, my partner, my better half, light of my life, my love, etc.

2 Likes

Just had lunch here and am so sorry I didn’t make an effort to go before this. Inexcusable since I work downtown. Had the duck hash and butternut squash. They had kimchi and mango kimchi “salsa” that paired so well with both tacos. The mushroom and kale brik was so comforting and crispy but a tiny bit too oily. My friend had the smoked brisket and the yogurt chicken.

5 Likes

I’ve been in the area, need to go back!

Great flavors and concepts but the tortilla needs to be slightly thicker. Most of tacos during my visit collapsed.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had to shove half of the filling off so the tortilla wouldn’t disintegrate. I did enjoy eating the filling by itself so I have no beef with it. My friend just knifed and forked it. I see now why the other taco places usually put two tortillas underneath, though.

Thanks for the report back @ChineseChou. :slight_smile: I love their unique condiment bar (did you try the Green Harissa Salsa)? (Although their North African Taco fillings are flavorful enough to stand on their own.)

I love this place. And they use good tortillas, but their fillings so generous there is just no way to get three bites in without a mound of napkins. For that reason I get their bowls or burritos. You also get HUGE QPR on these… My favorite is the Cilantro Chicken but keep an eye on their specials, a few weeks ago they had Goat Birria Tagine as a special and I HAD to get a burrito… SO GOOD.

7 Likes

Unfortunately they had not refilled the green harissa bottle when we were there. I loved the other condiments and even tried the habanero salsa, which was S P I C Y! Too spicy for me to pick up much other flavor from it. The highlight was the mango kimchi. Worked particularly well with the butternut squash taco. Something about the slight sweetness of both playing off each other. Love L.A. Where else can someone imagine North African, Mexican, and Korean ingredients together?

2 Likes

Agree. My plan was to request my tacos be made with two tortillas. Seems like a reasonable move even if there is an upcharge.

3 Likes

EXCELLENT suggestion. How did this never occur to me?

2 Likes

Why didn’t I think of that!!

That’s definitely the best food for the least money I’ve had in a while. Merguez was maybe the best I’ve had. Smoked lamb, fantastic. Great falafels. I’ll definitely be back.

For future reference, it’s about a 20-minute walk from the Expo / Vermont station, which is at the Natural History Museum, and the 38 (Jefferson) and 206 (Normandie) bus lines stop at the corner.

3 Likes

Looks like this place closed.

:disappointed:

Looks they’ve moved to a catering operation:
https://revolutionario.com/2021/08/weekend-specials/

5 Likes

Good find!! Glad to see they’re still around in some form.

1 Like

I blame @tailbacku and Clay Helton

3 Likes