Favorite Charcuterie Shops (To Go)?

Nice @Chowseeker1999!

One-stop shopping at Eataly is kinda’ hard to resist once you’re in there. :grin:

1 Like

Hi @Chowseeker1999, this parking trick has always worked for me:

Eataly - Century City

2 Likes

Yay! Glad Eataly worked for you. I haven’t been back in a little while so I’m wondering if the madness is tempered a bit

2 Likes

I picked up some Honeywax (San Pietro) after reading your post. Excellent!

2 Likes

Update 2:

Milkfarm

A huge thanks to @ipsedixit @Local for the recommendation, this year for Christmas, we were able to get in our order in time. :slight_smile:

Milkfarm has a nice selection of Cheeses and Charcuterie available for you to pick and choose as you want. They also offer their own special Milkfarm Cheese Board (pre-chosen with 3 Cheeses and 1 type of Salumi for the Small Board).

We chose to order a Milkfarm Cheeseboard (Small) and supplement it with some additional Charcuterie.

Milkfarm Cheese & Charcuterie Combo Board (S):

They normally come on a Milkfarm wooden serving board (and you’re charged a deposit until you return it), but for Christmas it was a madhouse and they ran out of boards.

No matter, the presentation, condiments and selection were excellent! :slight_smile:

Idiazabel - Raw Sheep’s Milk Cheese (Spain):

Nice inherent funkiness from the Raw Sheep’s Milk base, but also creamy and mellow enough that it was a hit at the party. :slight_smile:

Cantal - Raw Cow’s Milk Cheese (France):

This was the most popular Cheese with everyone, devoured the fastest. :sweat_smile: The firm Raw Cow’s Milk Cheese had an easy, creamy, buttery taste. :slight_smile:

D’Affinois - Cow’s Milk (France):

This was a Double-Cream Soft Cow’s Milk Cheese, almost as soft as a typical Brie, creamy and spreadable, but it had more punch and character than a Brie (which is more mellow and smooth).

Calabrese Sopprasata (San Francisco, CA):

This was fine. Lightly spicy, salty. Not the best Calabrese I’ve had before, but solid.

Big Chet Fennel & Garlic Salami (Minneapolis, MN):

(No pics - I forgot to take it, sorry.)

This was the biggest hit at the party: The Fennel and Garlic really punched up the flavors in this Salami, fragrant, lightly aromatic and almost sweet and savory in a way. :heart: (@TheCookie @attran99 and others.)

They also carry Bub and Grandma’s Baguettes, so we picked some up as well. :slight_smile:

Milkfarm seems like a great local Cheese & Charcuterie Shop in the Eagle Rock area that really saved some time for the holiday party (and for any occasion) with their Cheese & Charcuterie Boards. They have a nice selection of Cheeses and were happy to give out samples. Their Charcuterie selection is a bit small, but is sufficient and nice, especially for locals in the area.

We like the selection (and the proximity) of Eataly a bit more, but the Milkfarm Boards they put together with the nice condiments and layout made the potluck really easy (and it looked professional). :wink: We’ll be glad to return to try out more selections.

Milkfarm
2106 Colorado Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Tel: (323) 892-1068

7 Likes

The Idiazabel is an excellent choice! I get that from Epicurus every now and then. What a cool shop!

2 Likes

Yes its a great place. Very good sandwiches and you can get fresh Gioia mozzarella and burrata there.

1 Like

Received an e-mail a few days ago that Cheesemongers of Sherman Oaks will be closing in a few wks…

Sad. Nice people.

I went in Saturday after getting the email and there was a bunch of people in there loading up which was good to see. Kia and Tyler seemed grateful, but they’re very happy with their decision to close up shop. They’re looking to get out of the food service industry entirely. Everything in the store including furniture and refrigerators are for sale so if you’re in the market for anything of the sort they’d be happy to sell to you.

Anyone know another place for good meat and cheese in the valley?

2 Likes

Ralphs has that partnership with Murray’s cheese. The cheeses are precut and not well taken care of, but the selection is good. Haven’t found anywhere else in the Valley.

1 Like

Sad news about Cheesemongers…

Meanwhile in Long Beach, they have three Cheese Shops! All of them quite good, but for Charcuterie, my favorite is Oh La Vanche. They have some items that not even Eatly has like the Salame Rosa, which is this amazing hybrid of Salame and Mortadella. It’s one of my favorite charcuterie plate ads.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/oh-la-vache-long-beach?select=72496aWjC9sJG594pH6EUA

3 Likes
1 Like

I’m a regular at Epicurus but all their cheese is pre sliced and vacuum packed. Sadly it is the best we got on this side of the hill now.

Drive to the Chese Store of Beverly Hills.
No substitue for the best.

1 Like

Ask for Tony