I will be in France for a wedding next month and wanted to see if any of les FTC’rs have any recommendations for food/drink/et cetera. I’ll be in Paris a few days, Rennes for a few more and potentially another yet-to-be-determined spot. Maybe Provence? My last time in France was when I studied abroad there, surviving on baguette/fromage/jambon/beurre, so I’m excited to be more intentional about trying out more restaurants. Probably will look for a mix of a couple higher end meals and more casual ones and a bunch of pastires.
Here are some of the places I’ve identified so far (in no particular order):
- Niege d’ete - Mostly based on @J_L’s wonderful report.
- Clown Bar - Referenced in the NYT article @ipsedixit recently posted
- Au Vieux Chêne - http://www.vieuxchene.fr/EN/index.htm
- Bretons Crêperie - http://www.timeout.com/paris/en/restaurants/bretons
- l’As du Fallafel - http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/31/travel/31bite.html
- Clande - http://www.clandestino.me/
- Restaurant Louis - http://www.louis.paris/
- Le Galopin - http://www.le-galopin.com/
I know that I’m not going to get to all of these, and I will be leaving some open so that I can go with something that is close or looks good, but if anyone is familiar with any of the above or has any “oh damn, you gotta get a croissant here” or “if you want to experience what French cuisine is all about, go here” type places, would love to hear your thoughts.