Gwen Butcher, Hollywood anyone been yet?

Enjoy John Williams!! You’re right about the sandwich.

Do you like to pack food from home or do you pickup?

1 Like

I only had the Grinder. It was really really good, though I never had Gjusta’s, Wax Paper, and Uncle Paulies

When I am not working I pack a picnic, but I am working so we will hit up the BBQ on the upper level and picnic up top. Its pretty good, but not exceptional.

1 Like

BTW I so enjoy your posts! I have learned so much about Asian cuisine from you, @beefnoguy, @Chowseeker1999, @J_L, @ipsedixit, @attran99, @Porthos, @moonboy403, and so many others. I just wish I had the time, and the knowledge to visit all the places you all review. I remember when Chowhounds sold out how depressing it was, but this is so much better. I think we all owe a vote of thanks to @robert for this.

4 Likes

You’re welcome but it wasn’t much on my part.

3 Likes

I can’t believe how inexpensively everything is priced! Are the sandwiches really tiny or something?

1 Like

I’d stay clear of the pastrami, it wasn’t that good the time I had it.

Meatball is amazing and grinder is quite good too.

the sandwiches are actually quite big. they often have a steak sandwich as a special too and since they use their dry aged steak trimmings, it’s quite good.

it’s never crowded for lunch. it’s probably the best kept secret.

1 Like

Not tiny.
Large and filling.

1 Like

Going again today I’ll post a pic for reference!

1 Like

Thanks! Will you pick up some sandwiches for me? Since you’re already there. :wink:

1 Like

Wasn’t able to snag a delivery order for you, but here’s a picture of the tuna and the grinder with a regular dill pickle for scale.

5 Likes

That looks fantastic! And they even give you a pickle. :+1:

1 Like

And chips (which used to be homemade) but now they are store bought I think

Are they back to the seeded roll?!

Agree with @skramzlife - the pastrami isn’t that good. It’s spiced nicely but thin and a little tough. The ingredients, like the bread and sauerkraut are top notch though, too bad.

The meatball, as others have said, is outstanding. Love the tuna - the flavor of the tuna itself really comes through, and with the egg (soft yolk), it’s really decadent.

My office orders from here quite a bit, so here are a couple more tips. If you want something lighter on the side, you can always substitute greens for their potato chips - weirdly they usually omit the pickle if you do that, so be sure to ask for that pickle too.

The Grinder is one of my favorites but can be inconsistent, maybe based on who’s making it? Sometimes the bread isn’t toasted, sometimes there’s barely any pickled chilis or other veggies. I guess the safest thing is just to remind them to toast it and put in all the veg.

3 Likes

I thought they always used the seeded roll for the grinder but used a more traditional crusty baugette for the meatball sandwich?:face_with_monocle: Memory is hazy because I get those often and interchangably.

I know baby at some point i got one on a regular baguette which was very good but not as good as the seeded so i stopped going and just went to Gjusta instead

1 Like

My office has ordered here a few times, and I wish we did it more often (dang carbo-phobes). That meatball sub makes me tear up just thinking about it, it’s so so good.

I enjoyed the pastrami but agree with others that it isn’t spectacular, and would rather go elsewhere for that (as a side note, I went back to Ugly Drum last weekend - now theres a pastrami sandwich, dang).

2 Likes

yup…sniff, sniff

1 Like