I was too but it’s really easy. My encouragement came from the fishmonger. You’re a griller, you can do it.
- Have it cleaned where you buy it.
- Put lemon halves on the grill & slices for stuffing.
- Salt & Pepper inside
- Stuff w/lemon slices, herbs, onions, whatever.
- brush outside w/oil
- I grill it on my small portable.
- Flip carefully.
- Remove when flesh looks white (about 15 min).
I’m not an expert deboner. Others might be more helpful. Some do it with 2 spoons, some with 2 forks.
- Remove head and tail & stuffing
- Remove skin on the top filet and remove fatty parts
- Separate the 2 fillets (may need knife down the back)
- Gently separate and peel bone from flesh.
- Squeeze w/grilled lemon, light fruity olive oil, tintsy bit of flaky salt.
I don’t have the patience for complicated recipes. This takes about an hour, start to finish. Peeps who don’t know better will think you’re a fish grilling master. You can do the marinades and rubs for enhanced flavor, but it’s not a must.