Ink Well - Outstanding

Had dinner at Ink Well the other night and was really impressed. After recent misses at Felix and the Waldorf (and Catch) it was nice to find a hit. We were early so it was not crowded or noisy, but the room was very comfortable and the music was really nice. The food was even better. We had the beets (which I dont normally like, but these were good and my friend said they were the best ever). Also had potatoes which were outstanding, the octopus which was maybe the best in town (better than Wally’s, Sottto and way better than Felix). Also had the chicken thighs and the lamb belly each of which was extraordinary. Server could not have been better. A real treat. Will return soon.

2 Likes

Always enjoyed Ink. That was our neighborhood for a decade. Went to ink a few times… and really miss that Spanish Cantina space, so looking forward to going back there. happy to read this

The few times I have been to Ink and the one time I went to Ink.well, food has always been underwhelming and over-salted. Only thing I go back for nowadays is the apple dessert.

**strong text**Spot on review. I went a few days ago as well and I was so impressed. I’m not the biggest octopus fan, it’s fine. This was really great, the char on it was spot on. I can believe I’m saying this about a place where so many dishes are refined but that burger was heaven. We were with share-people and I only had a quarter of a burger. I was sad the rest of the night and into the next day. Salt/charcoal potatoes, same as they’ve always been, salty and delicious. The chicken thighs were just ok. The sunflower risotto kind of put a damper on it. It’s pricey but don’t miss the short rib. LA’s “signature” dish. Service was perfect. Yay, ink.

We now have been a couple of times at ink.well, after having been about 50 times to ink. The food and service remain quite great. I have always noticed that everything was a notch better when Voltaggio was in house. Miss the old space though.