It this the end of La Paella?

I know; I was winging it on the recipe. Guessed on quantities and had way too much seafood. Plus I used too much stock. Only my second time making paella and first time on the grill. I wasn’t going to post it but @TheCookie’s looked so good. Still it was mighty tasty, and none of the seafood was tough. Missed having squid, but had several squeamish squid people present. Next time will be better.

2 Likes

Yep, doesn’t necessarily have to be authentic to be tasty.

2 Likes

socarrat

3 Likes

From La Paella?

That’s how my in-house chef aka @LouisianaMouth does it.

4 Likes

Sorry no, this was home made.

4 Likes

Okay, you’re just showing us what it should look like. Thanks!

1 Like

If you want socorrat
Counter intuitive: el coraloense in bell gardens, mex seafood house, has placed in international competitions with their paëlla. I was shocked AF. But it was very good
If you go call first to see if they’re making it, or if you need to order in advance.

Also for straight socorrat-like, go to sharzad on Westwood or other Persian place and order tah-dig.

1 Like

Also, went to the restaurant a few months back. Under the new management. Not as pleasant service. In fact the service was such that I haven’t been back. And I adore tapas

1 Like

Thanksfor the tip Jerome! The paellas I’ve had in Mexico all use long-grain rice. Is El Coraloense using short-grain rice?

And yeah, Shaherzad’s tahdig is on my regular rotation when I order their ghormeh sabzi and gheimeh bademjan.

The world’s various forms of scorched rice is a blast to explore.

They had a Spaniard working m. It looked like calrose short grain but not a European strain.
It was very tasty
Also the paëlla of Doña Juana’s at La Española that they make on weekends is tasty. They also make it to order for parties with big pans that they will deliver.

1 Like

This too, is a well-known entity on this board. We’ve had Alex and his paella team at La Española cater many of our backyard events. Great minds think alike! :slight_smile:

2 Likes