Jitlada Lovers--What are your favorite dishes?

ooh, so close. my name is Jack Bromothymolblue.

5 Likes

I guess TonyC ain’t Drew Barrymore (who was apparently seen there once)…

Sounds like something I’d love, but I couldn’t find that on the menu.

That #177 is my favorite to order. Super gelatinous pig knuckles and hock in broth. Crazy spicy.

1 Like

Shit.
Nice guy and talented chef.

1 Like

Oh no! How sad. Poor Jazz.

1 Like

dang… rip… who’s going to fill those shoes?

This is really shocking and sad. :cry:

:cry: Sad to hear.

I was so sad to see this today. We had a nice chat with him at our first ever meal there–a good while ago now. He was a little hidden behind Jazz’s personality but it worked for them. I remember Jazz telling us that despite Tui cooking up some of the hottest food in the US he didn’t actually enjoy very hot food himself.

1 Like

Has anyone visited since the passing of Chef Tui?

ask me again in a month…

Posting here because I anticipate a visit in the coming weeks, this time for the curry. Last time I got the Crying Tiger because I saw Curtis Stone recommend this on Food Network show lol get outta here with that Curtis! I wish Jitlada would just serve up curry and rice.

Also the thread that started it all:

Which curry? There are so many.

I want to try the Fishball with Egg in Green Curry.

From what I learned in Thailand they have places called Khom Gaeng, rice and curry places with lots of different curries, generally affordable. If I was to visit Southern Thailand I will definitely hit up a khom gaeng. I just wish Jitlada would unabashedly be just curry and rice, maybe a few of those speciality salads

The photo on Photos – Jitlada looks like noodle soup.

We returned to Jitlada after a few years last night to pay our respects in a sense since Chef Tui’s passing. I am very happy to say that they’re doing great business still–packed to the rafters at 6 pm on a Tuesday (and lots of people waiting outside when we left at 8)–and that the food is still bloody good. We’ll be back again on our next trip. I realize people get more excited about newer places but I think Jitlada is still at the top.

Have you tried Luv2Eat? Just wondering what you think of it vs. Jitlada.