Juicy, Crispy Japanese Fried Chicken Made with Love and Care - Pikunico - Grand Opening [Thoughts + Pics]

duplicate

27 Likes

Howlin’ Rays finally has some real competition.

2 Likes

I’ve got some free time the next few weeks. Looks like I’m going to have to bang-bang with Howlin’ soon. Thanks for your amazing work, @Chowseeker1999!

1 Like

Nice!!

No alcoholic beverage license yet? Or is that coming soon?

Lots of great and fun opportunity for dry/super dry Junmai sake to pair here!!

2 Likes

Hi @attran99,

Thanks. :slight_smile: Is it going to be your first time trying Howlin’ Ray’s? :open_mouth:

1 Like

It will be! Super excited for a fried chicken blowout. I’m not an avid spice fan so the level 2 may be where I draw my line in the sand.

1 Like

Thanks for the great report @Chowseeker1999, this will be my first bang before my dinner at hayato.

4 Likes

Pikuniko, then Hayato, then Rappahannock

3 Likes

#gangsta #OG

then APL Ribs at Majordomo for dessert? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi @beefnoguy,

I’m not sure if they have a liquor license planned. I’ll have to find out (yah it would be nice to have some kind of pairing). :slight_smile:

Per Eater L.A., it looks like a liquor license (beer & wine) is pending on the copy of the menu.

1 Like

Looks like in the near future I am going to bang bang Hayato bento with kaarage and that soup!!!

Not bad for lunch huh?

Maybe top it off with some oysters or some coffee/pastry?

3 Likes

Thanks @attran99! I just looked at my photo of the menu and see…

“Beer & Wine Coming Soon”

So @beefnoguy looks like some alcohol in the future then. :slight_smile:

Hi @attran99,

Nice! For your first time, definitely try something with Level 1 “Country” (No Heat), so you get a classic Fried Chicken taste (it’s so good as is), and then something else at Level 2 “Mild” to get a little bit of heat. :wink:

1 Like

Great reporting - as always!

Thanks @CiaoBob. Hope you get to try it soon. :slight_smile:

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Nice! Looking forward to your report on Hayato and Pikunico. :slight_smile:

Make sure you bring a snack for the wait in line! :wink:

1 Like

Going try going when it opens on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. But I will heed your sage advice…thanks, @paranoidgarliclover!

1 Like