Jun Won restaurant - Western Ave

i have an egg shaped bbq which is easy for smoking… thanks for sharing. saved. .
my usual recipe is drive to russian store on santa monica and get some smoked fish… we we have various white fish that we buy and usually serve at gatherings.

3 Likes

Today I got to accompany the man on a quick delivery run since my food wasn’t ready and it was great to catch up.

I can’t get used to the take out life, I don’t like it. But I so miss their food. It has been 4 solid months for us. Order it. It’s so great

10 Likes

ouch

NO. This is the worst KTown news for us

1 Like

Nooooooo

How about some doshirak to keep it going?

Seems like it has been decided.

Nemroz be all

2 Likes

Guess this is the pivot

https://ask-mama.com/drive-by-kitchen

So sad :frowning:

Ktown may eventually end up with all South Korean chain restaurants/Seoul outposts. There has been a slow but steady increase in the past few years

1 Like

Very sad news. It’s very hard to have outside dining in K-town and other Korean restaurants that need vents like KBBQ and stone hot pot.

The ribs are sold on for OC pick up.
https://ask-mama.com/drive-by-kitchen

A little more info from the LA Times article about Jun Won:

"But as with many businesses, the arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing shutdown caused a dip in business that proved too large to overcome.

The final straw was last Tuesday, Jun said, when Jun Won was broken into and robbed during the early morning hours. Burglars had smashed the restaurant’s door and made away with a cash register and computers, making a mess of the dining room in the process."

:frowning:

Just awful. In these trying times, scumbags decide to rob this family’s restaurant. It’s in the same vein as the news story we heard on KNX 1070 AM of scam artists calling people around the U.S. right now and pretending to be doing contact tracing for COVID-19, and trying to pry sensitive information out of unsuspecting people who pick up the phone. :frowning:

11 Likes

Empty cash register and a basic ass computer is enough to break in for?

Yeah, they don’t suddenly become nice and decide “Hey, let’s find out which are struggling family businesses and not rob them.”

There goes my gift certificate. But I’m not surprised. A few of them I bought as a kinda’ gift card for the restaurant, knowing it was unlikely I’d be able to redeem them.

Criminals aren’t generally known for being smart.

1 Like

They’ll totally honor it for their delivery business

1 Like

Thanks @Nemroz. Yeah, just saw that. I’m pretty excited. I didn’t know about the Chicken Bulgogi until reading this whole thread today. We’ll probably pay outright and hold-off on using the GC until they get up and running. It’s why I didn’t spend a lot on each one.

1 Like

I think there was a ruling somewhere that they can’t book GC as income until it’s used even though money is in their pocket.

1 Like

even better. untaxed money on account lol

1 Like