Maple Block Meat Co

I’m guessing good old Buffalo Wild Wings?

Is it counter service during fucking dinner service too ???

Man, I’m pretty sure it’s just me but that Bludso’s brisket is too fatty for my taste. Sometimes I get less than 50% meat. I wish there was a bit more meat because the meat is so darned good.

And I would just order twice the amount but they limit the amount of a la carte brisket you can order.

i ask for the burnt ends side of things mostly which is that fattier part – but you don’t have to. they don’t always have it either. i dunno about 50% but yeah it’s rich and fatty stuff and a little can go a long way.

1 Like

Wife grabbed some takeout tonight. First time I’ve had their dinner service food, previously just lunch. They are maintaining the quality. Brisket and ribs were great. She said no line when she got there at 6. They also included some steamed onions with the order. Nice to have that to cut the richness as they didn’t provide anything like that when they first opened.

You talking about Bludsos or fucking Maple Block ???

Thanks man.

Maple Block. The ribs were appropriately pork forward with the fat backward…

8 Likes

Jase, LOL.

@Jase You are blog-ready

1 Like

Yup, Buffalo Wild Wings.

@jase: Ouch. But funny. :wink:

Finally made it for dinner last night and I enjoyed it. At dinner you don’t order at counter, it is full service. Had Heirloom Tomato Salad, one pound brisket, 1/2 slab ribs (6 ribs) and Banana pudding. Bill was $80 for 2. Restaurant was packed but there was no wait

Ordered the fatty brisket and enjoyed it (I still like Big Mista’s a little better) the ribs were wonderful, very meaty and juicy with a great bark but not quite fall of the bone. Liked their vinegar based sauce. For some strange reason they don’t offer sides on the menu at dinner (you could order the mac & cheese but it was an off menu item) no sandwiches offered either The Banana cream pudding was generous but for me too much on the sweet side.….

3 Likes

No drinks?

–Dommy!

2 ice teas….

1 Like

[quote=“Mr_JJ, post:39, topic:121”]
this year gonna be dallas
[/quote]Dallas brisket is absolutely hit-n-miss. The well known were all duds (Pecan Lodge/Lockhart), the clear winner “that day”, was Slow Bone. But even at that level, I might as well just go to BigMista’s and ask for the deckle.

I’m sure others can chime in.

maybe ask for more lean? JJ’s order looks WAY too fatty for me. Yikes… Very “Franklin”-esque.

any other tips Tony for the big D? I’m looking forward to smoking the cowboys most of course. After KC last year, LC’s in particular, no need for brisket in Dallas…I just can’t imagine anyone doing it any better than KC.

Tony -

Alright. I’m here.

You know what I thought of Big Mista’s. It’s okay.

fwiw, @mhlee smoked this:

and the beef short rib was better than anything I had in Dallas that day… :joy:

2 Likes

That looks stellar.

Where do I get some?