New opening at LA Weekly

Erwin Chemerinsky?!

1 Like

Not any more. LA Weekly won't get Erwin Chemerinsky's money after all, and event vendors drop out

1 Like

This is not getting better.

2 Likes

Or inside dope disguised as just speculation.

1 Like

This

…and this are the types of things that terrify me about you guys.

1 Like

Yep, maybe he should have left out the word ‘existing’. And the thing about ‘excited to join us’. Ummm… weren’t they there first? More like terrified they’re next. I detect a wee bit of arrogance.

1 Like

It doesn’t necessarily have to be the owners who need laundered money. Isn’t Newsweek being accused of hiding other’s money for profit? Don’t mind me. I like a good conspiracy theory.

1 Like

You go dude! If I were a tweeter I’d tweet him.

1 Like

Okay, now, see? This is why I don’t F with Twitter.

Clever, right?

But then you have this nuttiness.

“:cherry_blossom::paw_prints::cherry_blossom:JoAnne​:cherry_blossom::paw_prints::cherry_blossom:
@jojorez
Nov 29
Replying to @LAObserved @LAWeekly and @mshalhoup
I wouldn’t be surprised if this has something to do with Trump! For all we know Breitbart is involved. They want to be able to push Trump’s horrific agenda’s and spew venom about others that go after him at the same time.”

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The original Ramen Jiro in Meguro-ku (Tokyo) is the OG and still the best. Porcine back fat broth, adorned with thick slurpy noodles which splash gorgeous droplets of broth wildly all over your cheek and lapel as you reach the end of each delectable slurp. Monastery-quiet. No conversation. Only the occasional reaching for the communal tin of industrial black pepper powder breaks the silence. Local salarymen and single creative types usually fill the tiny room, each posturing above their own bowl in complete reverence. Outside, the line is usually 1+ block long.

4 Likes

Fantastic

Thanks for this. I can feel the porcine steam rising into my nostrils.

1 Like

The new editor. Is this a review or a press release?

What’s the difference these days?

2 Likes

The only way I’m sure it was intended to be a review is that it’s listed under “Latest Restaurant Reviews” on the restaurants page. Though I suppose that could have been a mistake.

Looks like her expense account allows only for a single meal. Given the hostile-sounding experience when she arrived, it seems unlikely she was comped.

1 Like

The original vault that once housed 12,000 safety deposit boxes behind a 50-ton door have been kept intact, alongside the coffered ceiling and square pilaster columns topped with Corinthian capitals in the lobby and restaurant areas.

This sentence makes my teeth hurt.

5 Likes

I bequeath my run-on champ trophy to…

5 Likes

Is there even an editor now at LAW?

Unacceptable grammatical error- “The original vault …HAS been kept intact.

MS, try using your grammar function too maybe. C’mon really, this is how you make your first impression with LA food heads?

2 Likes

There are several editors and a copy chief on the masthead, but her review doesn’t read like it was edited.

I need that, and a punctuation function too.

Punctuation junction what’s your function… sorry I couldn’t help myself.

3 Likes