Newport Beach Recs

I know, right? Total shocker.

I think it was Jason Travi who helped them refine their pizza, but Neroni refined other areas of Superba.

Hah I always get my Jason’s mixed up

1 Like

+1. I recall the first time that I had Pitfire and then Pizzeria Mozza, I thought they were a little too close for (Mozza’s) comfort. My vague recollection was that their pasta wasn’t half bad, either (although this was b/f Pasta Sisters, Colapasta, Uovo). Last time I had it was many yrs ago. I wonder if the pizza is even better now

Omg it’s not on the current menu. What in the fuck :sob:

Had an excellent meal at Marché Moderne last night
 with very good service. Thanks for the rec! Chocolate cake from sweet lady Jane (which they nicely presented with some cream and chocolate on the side!)

7 Likes

Happy birthday!

Looks like a great meal! I do have to say those fries remind me more of Lincoln logs than Pont Neuf :rofl:

4 Likes

LOL! That was my first reaction too! Lincoln Logs! Ugh, are we dating ourselves?

1 Like

Does anyone know where I can buy quality artisanal bread in Newport Beach or nearby?

Rye Goods

3 Likes

Thank you - looks fantastic! Unfortunately not open friday after thanksgiving :frowning:

Depends on how long you’re willing to drive but the other bakeries reasonably close to Newport I would recommend are
Blackmarket Bakery

They’ll have 4-5 different types of artisanal loaves of bread and some breakfast pastries. A bunch of different types of croissants and scones.

Cream Pan

The actual breads here are maybe not their strongest suit but they have a great variety of pastries.

3 Likes

Some other choices in the area that might be open this Friday (best to call to check) would be Moulin (1000 Bristol, between Jamboree and Birch) and Pandor (Westcliffe Plaza). C’est si Bon (149 Riverside) also touts its artisan breads, but I have never tried them.

2 Likes

Damn haven’t thought of C’est-si bon since my Newport youth, but their pastries were always very solid!!!

I second Moulin

1 Like

Thanks everyone - awesome recommendations!

Rye Goods would have been my go to as well. Try Fermentation Farm (might only have frozen flatbread). Boil&Bake has quality bagels. OC Baking Co in Orange. Maybe Crema Artisan in Irvine. You might also call The Butchery in CM or Mario’s Butcher Shop in NB and ask whose bread they carry. Day after Thanksgiving could be tough.

2 Likes

Baguette is the play here, which they do very well.

That would be my call for NB.