Nobody cooks in LA

Apologize for what? C’mon - admit it - you pulled this from Gjelina’s cookbook. :wink:

I was at Mitsuwa Torrance yesterday (duh). I noticed Kewpie has an assortment of salad dressings - new line of products for them? One of the dressings was yuzu kosho.

I never considered yuzo kosho as a salad dressing component. Frankly, I’ve not used yuzu kosho much. But here you are incorporating it into a composed salad on toast! I don’t know how this ingredient would work in a simple oil/vinegar emulsion to drizzle over salads/vegetables/stuff?

3 Likes

Ha, you caught me! I should really crib photos from the Gjelina cookbook, @bulavinaka. :sweat_smile:

Ooh, thanks for the intel on the Kewpie yuzukosho dressing! I definitely want to try it.

I think it would work in an emulsified dressing. It’s such an interesting condiment since it’s so pungent. Someday I want to get my mitts on yuzukosho potato chips. I imagine they’d be irresistible.

Have you tried YK with cheese? Just wondering how it would be…

1 Like

No, I haven’t, but doesn’t that sound divine! You’re brilliant!

1 Like

Good post! I’m bookmarking it. You should list your husband’s Nordic Cookbook on the Cookbook thread.

You’ve got great contrasting color going on here. Gorgeous. Everything pops!

1 Like

You’re too kind, @TheCookie! I loved the purple radishes from Whole Foods - so fun!

1 Like

I hope they still have them. I want 'em.

1 Like

I got them at the Whole Foods in Playa Vista. They were $1.99 per bunch - not too bad for Whole Paycheck.

1 Like

Our options in Reno/Tahoe are pretty limited so when I need anything at all unusual - like those radishes - I just go straight to WF.

1 Like