Opening Alert: Northern Cafe Beverly Center

I mean, I do it too. It’s just too much of a PITA to pick out the berries every time. But yeah, if you do a test, I think you’ll find a much more pronounced metallic flavor with the freshly toasted and ground batch.

BTW, I don’t know if you say my updated review of the Westwood location, but you were right. I definitely tasted some Sichuan peppercorn in my recent meal there.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty faint in most of their dishes. Maybe they are trying to cater to more westernized palettes:thinking:

I’ll definitely have to try your trick of bringing some spices along next time lol

It’s open.

Been open since Sept. 9.

1 Like

Hit Beverly last night for second time… really love the eggplant there.

Got the pork/crab dumplings as well, can’t stop eating their dumplings!

1 Like

So when did this happen?

A Northern Cafe just opened up in Temple City.

Leave town for a couple of weeks and Northern Cafe takes over the world.

If only their noodles did not have the taste and texture of overcooked Barilla pasta, i’d like them a lot more.

There’s a Northern Cafe that just opened on Wilshire near Brockton in Brentwood/WLA where the formerly (disgusting) Big Catch used to be. Anyone know if this is related to the other Northern Cafes? This could totally be a game changer for me…

Edit: never mind, found it → Northern Cafe Opens in Brentwood With Soup Dumplings and More - Eater LA

It is one and the same.

1 Like

I just noticed it today, ( I only drive down Wilshire two times a day and never noticed it) and was going to post about the same thing. Glad I did a search first. :slight_smile:

1 Like