Post Your Daily Sandwich

Gjusta Pastrami Rueben and Falafel

Uploading…

4 Likes

Figured it was holiday jitters. Cest la vie; serves me right for leaving the house today.

Running commentary: “where did all these white people come from?” “Wow there are a lot of hipsters”. “Why is there no beer?”.

Yeah agree about their quality seafood. Unlike you, I didn’t care for the Italian cheeses with the fried oysters and soft shell crab. The bacon was a tasty addition though and the pickles added a nice tang with the lemon squeezed over the top.

Not that I ever noticed and I have spent a good chunk of my life and liver there. My girl - from Baton Rouge - says “no.”

1 Like

[quote=“Helper_Monkey, post:120, topic:3052”]
Have you ever had their red beans and rice?
[/quote] I was wondering about that too. I love them, but don’t see them on a lot of menus.

I have. I wasn’t as big a fan of it as some others are. As with the falafel, however, I think it was at least partly my fault for taking it to go. By the time I got home, the arugula was unpleasantly wilted not unlike what @TonyC described. I’m gonna have to give it (and the falafel) another try when I’m eating there.

I trust your judgement - our tastes just might differ.

1 Like

Does a pasty count as a sandwich?
Beef pasty with beef gravy from the Pasty Kitchen in Los Alamitos

5 Likes

[quote=“attran99, post:130, topic:3052”]
Does a pasty count as a sandwich?
[/quote] Who cares. I love pasties.

1 Like

Bagel, lox, schmear, red onion, capers @ Wexler’s. A bit light on the cream cheese for me but otherwise delicious. Not sure where he gets his bagels but they’re nice and crusty.

3 Likes

NY Bagel & Deli – there’s a location on Wilshire in SM.

http://www.newyorkbagelanddeli.com

I had heard somewhere that they bake to Wexler’s custom recipe but who knows.

1 Like

Top Round. “horse and hole” ($7.99) – Provel Cheese, Horseradish Cream, Roasted Mushrooms, Sesame Bun.

Had to get some Gravy Fries ($3.99) – their beef fat fried curlies under gravy with beef ends.

All in all, a very heart-healthy meal!!

6 Likes

Guess what we had today too? Top Round on Olympic/La Brea

HAND-BREADED CRISPY CHICKEN
Marinated in buttermilk & pickle juice, tossed in flour & Top Round seasoning, fried crispy.

1. ORIGINAL CHICKEN $5.99
    Pickles & Mayo, Onion Bun

2. CHICKEN “CALI” $6.99
    Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado & Ranch, Sesame Bun

We had to get the Provel on them, and a side of Beef Fat Fried Curlies.

It was too hot for the gym, so I passed on my favorite Turtle Custard :smile:.

My picture is not as good as yours.

6 Likes

i like their chicken too!!

The other thing I learned today is that they will put extra jus on the sandwich or give it to you on the side.

Might go back tomorrow!!

1 Like

It was a call in order (we live close). Sometimes their food doesn’t travel well. But I noticed they now ask how long before you’ll pick-up. So everything was really hot & crispy today!

2 Likes

It has been awhile since I’ve been to Top Round. But the last time I was there, probably a couple years ago, I’m pretty sure I ordered the most basic sliced beef sandwich and they wanted to charge me for extra au jus on the side. I like the place (many of you know I hail from St. Louis) but my distinct feeling of being nickle and dimed left a bad taste that certainly helps explain my absence.

I guess I should pay more attention to those type of things…

I have a hard time not ordering the beef on weck, but that chicken does look good. Have you tried breakfast yet?

Interesting… I always pooh pooh New York Bagel & Deli based on a couple of visits years ago. But I have to admit, I enjoyed my bagel at Wexler’s a while back. Might have to give NYB&D another try.

Hi @aaqjr - Haven’t tried Top Round breakfast yet. I must remember. Yeah, my husband is usually a beef lover. But he gets that chix sandwich the most. I love avocado, but actually like the simplicity of the regular chix w/provel & pickles more than the cali.