Prince Street Pizza

Those grease chalices look magnificent but too bad about the flacid crust. Maybe the crowds will start to thin out as the temperature drops just.

The Pizzete slice seems very precious.

1 Like

Now that @Nemroz lives in the boondocks (jk), are we moving from the Nemroz pricing model to the PPB (price per bite) model? I am in favor. Scared to see PPB for Kaneyoshi.

4 Likes

Yes please deploy a new structure. I have to adjust my metrics to now include a lower tax rate in Ventura county

3 Likes

that was one of the four slices

LMAO at that size reminds me of the Pizza Hut personal pan pizza I ate in high school

2 Likes

kids today will never know

5 Likes

Lol I remember Book It in elementary school! I wish I still have my button. I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Read books and get pizza? I am in. It definitely motivated me to read more. Thanks for the memories

2 Likes

So the porchetta (looks fantastic) is necessary because the pizza is so small? Is the sandwich enough on it’s own? Would you need to get two sandwiches to be satisfied?

1 Like

I think you need at least two sandwiches, they’re on the small side too.

1 Like

I was satisfied with the stuffed pizzette (Quattro Salame) and a Nancy’s Fancy mini (Butterscotch Budino). Both were excellent. Looking at the regular pizzettes, though, I could definitely see wanting to order a salad or something else with them.

2 Likes

funny you should mention tacos…not sure exactly when it changed but at some point more and more Mexican immigrants started going to NYC…in the 90s and early 2000s, you didn’t really see Mexican food…I remember some kinda taqueria in the E Village that wasn’t bad but I don’t remember clearly…and there was a more upscale sit down Mexican rest on the upper E side but that was it…I guess things have changed
as for water and pizza, it aint the water!

1 Like

yuk…I don’t get the White Castle obsession…I barely remember them from my “yoot.”
definitely, nothing worth getting in LA! almost as ridiculous as the fascination with Apple Pan…my office was about a football field away from AP for about 20 years and only went occasionally…and I mostly went for the paper cups and the caps the cook wore

2 Likes

There’s a nostalgia factor in craving for WC, no doubt. Greasy, delicious sliders do hit the sweet spot for some people.

In addition to the famed (deserved or otherwise) burgers, Apple Pan cooks up a wonderful tuna melt, and their pie crust is top 1% in the city, IMHO.

5 Likes

JL, I’ll agree with the tuna melt & pies @ Apple Pan…no doubt

1 Like

shout-out to the madhappy slice with spicy vodka sauce (reheated), I liked this way more than I thought I would. I’m not going to mention the margarita.

11 Likes

I get it , white castle . As horrible as the in and out French fries. They used to be good . Now super gross

Going into the former GGET space (next to Salt & Straw) on 3rd in the Arts District downtown.

3 Likes

It opened a few weeks ago. Was getting some Salt & Straw ice cream but didn’t have any room to try it, and I had just gotten a few slices from the OG location on Wednesday since I was in NYC for a quick trip.

2 Likes

I had no idea these guys opened up in Studio City.

2 Likes

have you tried it?

1 Like