Simone - Arts District

To be fair, nobody knows what will be on the menu yet so that’s a bit harsh. It’s supposed to be drastically different than the regular menu which leans toward simplicity.

1 Like

Thank you to all who took the time to enter. With such a significant response, we have to unfortunately close the lottery. We will re-open it when the next round of dates become available. Thank you all so much!!! And we look forward to seeing you at Simone.

:sunglasses:

Whether it’s truly a “win” will depend on the food served…

Remedy this

2 Likes
1 Like

Never been to Manresa, but does this tasting menu seem to line up closer to the type of food she was cooking there?

Yes and no. Manresa is also very vegetable centric but also features CA coastal seafood heavily.

Meanwhile:

:rage:

Oh, gag! That sounds so pretentious. I can’t help but think of Hayato, for example, in contrast…

5 Likes

Ouch

2 Likes

seems like the FTC crowd has been pretty consistent with their reviews with Mr Addison.

1 Like

ooof

“If I hadn’t been on the job, I’d have scrawled my signature and left to eat elsewhere.”

1 Like

A good, well-written review. Seems to echo this board’s early reports. Seems like potential is in the kitchen, but we’re waiting for consistency and voice.

That’s not going to help sell those $185 counter seats.

I wonder how the restaurant is doing. The L.A. Times critic complains he had to wait 45 minutes for his table and the bar was full, leaving nowhere to stand, so somebody must be eating there, at least on a Friday night.

I went opening night and didn’t particularly enjoy the food, other than the bread, although I liked the look of the place and the wine list.

Time Out’s critic agreed with my take that the bread (which is not made in-house) was a highlight and that the avocado-and-abalone toast and the Japanese cheesecake sucked. I thought the cheesecake was so bad I refused to eat it and Time Out’s critic said it left him with a bad taste for over an hour. Simone | Restaurants in Downtown Arts District, Los Angeles

1 Like

Guess I won by not winning the lottery? :thinking:

I’m still intrigued though.

1 Like

Now you’re thinking quality, and not quantity… Evolving are you.

1 Like

I don’t think having wide open reservations for Friday and Saturday night is a good thing.

2 Likes

Ugh:

2 Likes

Well that was fast… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like