Site Questions

Please re-direct if there’s a more appropriate spot.

How do I jump to the end of a long string?

How do I multi-quote in one reply? (I’m on laptop, no mouse)

To move quickly up or down in a long topic, drag the slider next to the post number (on the right side) up or down.

Multi-quote, in your reply just put the cursor on a blank line, then select another quote.

This software is Discourse. You can find a lot of information about it on meta.discourse.org.

Does anyone know why I keep getting this message when trying to post on the Sake Talk Anyone thread?

I’m confused because I’ve never seen this message when posting on any thread. Thanks.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/several-post-warnings/16737

1 Like

You can quote from other posts in your response post. That way you can reply with a single post but respond to multiple posts at once. Perhaps that might help.

1 Like

That’s what that prompt is trying to encourage.

I find people tend to respond better to direct answers as opposed to links.
You’re free to do as you please.

Discourse is the authority for questions about Discourse.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I knew I should have gone straight to Patreon, but I’m comfortable here and thought I’d give it a shot, lol.

What I did was link a Sake discussion from the Sushi I-NABA thread to Sake Talk Anyone?, then tried to link another discussion and that’s when I got the message. So I followed the suggestions and edited the previous post by adding a few words, no go. Then I tried to do a post without a link, no go. I will try to post a quote. If that fails I may ask someone to reply to my post. :slight_smile: But I still don’t understand, as I do 3 posts in a row a lot… like nudging Nemroz to go to Majordomo. :wink:

1 Like

Okay, I tried quoting - it was a no go. Can someone reply to one of my posts in the problem thread Sake Talk Anyone? Just say anything. No rush. Thanks!

@discourse could you look at this?

1 Like

I think if someone just replies to my last post in that thread it will enable me to keep posting. What the error messsge is saying is that I’ve posted too many in a row… I think. Try just replying “hello”.

Have any iPhone users noticed the upgrades make photos incompatible with @discourse sites? My photos look bright & sharp in my photo album, but dull when I upload them on FTC. On that note, is FTC hosted by @discourse? It’s no longer coming up when I tag.

Hosted by Discourse as always.

Okay, but look at my post. It seems like they’re not a User anymore and can’t be tagged.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Okay? @discobot display help.

1 Like

:joy:

Which post?