Swan Oyster Depot

Got in for the first seating at 1030 for a bang-bang before my lunch at in situ at 1130. (We got in line at 945 on a saturday and got the last two stools) This place might have my favorite dish in the city and for only 6 bucks with unlimited sourdough.

crab fat/brains/guts/butter #allbrainnobrawn

Another excellent meal at swan

crab back/fat/brains/guts/butter #brainfood

dozen oysters

dozen eggs
Loved the combo of sweet tender scallops with the heat of sriracha and the saltiness of the soy sauce

sicilian sashimi

combo louie salad

crab cocktail

dough

crab back
No guts no glory. i could just eat this with bread all damn day. why don’t we have this in fuckin la?

chowder

dozen oysters

dozen eggs

salad

happy year of the bacon

Swan Oyster Depot
1517 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 673-1101

6 Likes

There’s that brain thing again… Ugh. Place looks great though!

1 Like

On my to do list!

Gimme that over some bread or rice!

1 Like

What’s “bang-bang”?

Thanks. Learn something new…

gluttony is such a strong word, i like to consider it “grazing”.

Sorry. I just edited that out cause it was impolite.

i kid i kid. i’ve been known to be a self-described glutton.

I edited it before seeing your comment. I try to be more polite. :slight_smile:

That’s funny @catholiver. I clicked on this as I happened to be watching Louis CK in American Hustle. I wondered what “bang-bang” was too, but didn’t get around to asking.

HA! I’m a senior citizen so miss out on a lot. My younger daughter (37 and counting) tries to keep me up on things :slight_smile:

Cath my love. Did you get my messages?

I did. Sorry, kiddo. We’ve got the wildest thing going on. Getting our house ready to rent out for five months starting soon so I get a tad distracted. Thanks and I agree.

Oh good. No worries. I asked to make sure messaging was working. Didn’t want you to think I was being impolite by not responding. Have a great trip.

Sorry guys. Carry on :relaxed:.

1 Like

I always thought this term came from somewhere else haha

SF is an amazing city to bang bang in. I think my record is only 4 places in one night.

1 Like

And you can walk it off between “bangs.” LOL

http://www.sfchronicle.com/food/article/At-Swan-Oyster-Depot-a-secret-menu-built-for-10591335.php

1 Like

Love it.
So hard to get in. But love it.

Another excellent meal at swan

crab back/fat/brains/guts/butter #brainfood

dozen oysters

dozen eggs
Loved the combo of sweet tender scallops with the heat of sriracha and the saltiness of the soy sauce

sicilian sashimi

combo louie salad

crab cocktail

5 Likes