Tacos 1986 - New Tijuana-style stand w/ trompo in Hollywood

Is this podcast any good?

i like it, jordan can be funny af

Brick and mortar opening up.

1 Like

man… so interesting… having them off the street makes me want to go to them less… tho normally i prefer restaurants to non restaurants… pretty close to Sonoratown.

Ffs dtla already has enough good tacos - someone besides Angels, please open up in SFV

1 Like

Yep… i was asking them to open up on Fairfax… they did explore that idea.

You, my friend, are in some luck.

" Al Pastor Expansion

Leo’s Tacos, one of the most celebrated food trucks in L.A. for tacos al pastor, has a new location in Studio City with the same menu as the original on La Brea Avenue.

At Vineland Ave. and Moorpark St., leostacostruck.com"

1 Like

They just opened another location in DTLA on Spring and 6th street.

holy shit vineland and moorpork, I’m going in that direction today. THANK YOU.

having said that, I would pay for better tortillas. But at least I’ll get that beautiful trompo al pastor action.

/edit

3 Likes

Definitely the weakest part but you can’t beat that al pastor!

1 Like

Just had some tacos from here. I was shocked to see they are open(brick and mortar) close to Erewhon on Beverly. Delicious and not a soul in there.

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CByjAk-jb1k/?igshid=yuosjwbmisle
Paging @Ns1…if you ever find yourself back in the neighborhood. Opening soon. When things go back to normal, the lines are going to be ridiculous for this place…it’ll be worse than when Chipotle opened in the neighborhood.

I posted that in the SFV thread too. My heart skipped a beat because I was worried Lou’s closed down, had to check yelp and it was the shop on the other side.

Good luck to all of them…next 12 months are going to be a bloodbath in that area.

1 Like

Lou’s is very much alive and well if the lines down the street on the weekends are any indication. He got such great traction being on all the Black-owned businesses list. Chef Ludo Lefevbre even gave that list a shout out on IG.
I’ve been wanting to go for his tuna sandwich and croissants…but am not excited about making the drive towards work. I noticed the online menu is offering more things than they were before we were sent home. Pre-orders are taken for Friday - Sunday.

Traffic is back. Was down there today.

That’s good to know and makes sense re: the list. They used to be catering only on weekends so I’m glad to hear that worked out for them.

1 Like

Is there Joy (Sergio) in Hollywood?

1 Like

Unfortunately haven’t seen him in the three times I’ve been to that location. The adobada marinade and the salsas are still on point, but the grilling on the meat sadly isn’t. Good for the neighborhood, but not really worth going out of the way for.

2 Likes

Same experience at DTLA a while back. Details off when he’s not there. When he is, it’s transcendent.

1 Like