The Beef Roll from 101 Noodle Express at Westfield Culver City

:joy:

Went to the mall yesterday at my lunch break to run some errands. It’s a pretty busy place even post holiday because of the large food court and selection of stores. They even have two Boba Tea businesses locations (I occasionally get the popcorn chicken from the one that in an actual store). However, Honey Mee had a very short stint there and I noticed yesterday that the Bibigo closed down too!! I went to see how 101 was doing… still there… even having some “specials”. So since it’s been a while since I had gotten lunch from them, i went ahead and ordered the Juicy Dumplings and some Dan Dan Noodles.

The Juicy Dumplings

Still pretty good. Nice thin wrapper. tasty filling. The best Soup Dumplings… NOPE. But still super tasty and no MSG aftertaste. An excellent snack post shopping.

The last time I got the Dan Dan Noodles, the noodles were awful. Mushy and oily. When I opened these up at my desk… they did not look appetizing at all…

However, when I started to mix… The scent of the sesame paste and szechuwan peppercorn ease away any hesitation and all mixed up… it looked much better…

And yes, it tasted pretty good! I love TanTanMen with Sesame paste and you could totally make it out. It had a wonderful tingle and down note from the peppecorn. It wasn’t overly greasy and the noodles still had some bounce. It was SO MUCH that most of it went into the fridge to enjoy today and it actually heated up pretty well this afternoon! Still with that Ma La.

Like anything else, when getting anything from them, it helps to have some of the Lao Gan Ma they have by the register. Also, the guy before got the beef noodle soup… it looked… okay (I probably won’t order it anytime soon, especially with Popcorn Chicken being just a few freeway exits away) but they did give him some preserved vegetable to go with.

6 Likes

Sad to report that I passed by today and it is shuttered… with Bibigo and this gone… it leaves huge gaps in the food court…

4 Likes