The Madness that is Shake Shack - Is it an Expensive Fast Food Burger? A Cheaper Gourmet Burger? (vs. Golden State) - Review and Pics

Last time I was at SS I ordered a double shack, chix shack and water for $17. There were a couple of people staring at me. It’s probably because I forgot to add on the black n white shake.

1 Like

I think next time I’m moving back to a plain shackburger. There’s just something magical about it’s simplicity, when eaten as an add-on item.

The double and a chix shack is too much. My chix sand was way over sauced at the El Segundo branch.

It’s interesting, I actually don’t like finishing a double @ shake shack but I pounded the single + chicknshack without issue.

Hollywood/Glendale SS’s seem to be consistently good.

Did you see this Game of Thrones gimmick today?

I did not see this promo at Burbank! Evidently they’ll only have the shake though.

The Dracarys Burger is only available at:
Los Angeles: West Hollywood

1 Like

Had my first LA Shake Shack yesterday in Hollywood. Horribly dry and tasteless; completely different from my experiences with the NYC locations. It was like a bad Carl’s Jr. burger.

The concrete was still delicious though.

My only SS experience was at that location, and while it wasn’t that bad, it was completely underwhelming. I have seen enough positive posts and replies to my experience that I’ll probably try it again, but I doubt I’ll go out of my way.

They’re opening a new location in Santa Monica on Wilshire at 5th at the former Panera Bread spot.

1 Like

Oh, is THAT what’s going on w/ the Panera? I might give it a try during some sort of off hr since it’s so close by…

1 Like

had my first shake shack burger at union station in dc last month while waiting for our train to new york. we were surprised by how much we liked it. far better than any fast food burger i’ve had–my last in-n-out experience was a while ago but i think i liked the shake shack burger and fries more.

it might even make me willing to go to the mall of america (where the lone mn outpost is located) and that is saying something.

3 Likes

Have to say I love the breakfast shack burger with egg and sausage. Made with so much care compared to other fast food breakfast items. Perfect egg, rich sausage, melty cheese. Add some ketchup and hot sauce. Perfection.

Also, I should add that in many ways Shake Shack is the best airport food possible. Pricing seems fine relative to everything else, it’s quick, and so good. I sometimes find myself choosing delta just for this…

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Haeldaur. :slight_smile: Never tried their breakfast shack burger before.

And I wish there was a Shake Shack at the various airport terminals I’ve been to recently. I wouldn’t mind eating that over some of the options I’ve seen. :wink:

I was displeased when JetBlue departed that terminal. Instead, I’m having cocktails at Ford’s Filling Station.

2 Likes

Goodbye, Golden State on Fairfax.

so brutal, live around the corner and go often…gut punch

2 Likes

Such a shame, love their burgers and very well managed place.

1 Like

The Chick’n Shack’s not bad either. I like the regular but some go for the spicy options.

the chicknshack is the best mass produced chicken sandwich in america.

1 Like

From ones I have experienced, you are correct although I haven’t had Popeyes.