The Madness that is Shake Shack - Is it an Expensive Fast Food Burger? A Cheaper Gourmet Burger? (vs. Golden State) - Review and Pics

Tomatoes are in the nightshade family (so is tobacco) and they exacerbate rheumatoid arthritis.

Lycopene is healthy. I think people should be free to make their own decisions on tomatoes AND MSG; I never called for a ban.

1 Like

If you have health issues, everything that tastes good is bad for you.

2 Likes

LOL - ainā€™t that the truth, Ns1!

I love Trader Joeā€™s Cheese Crunchies, but since I have trouble with corn, dairy and MSG, I obviously limit my consumption.

Almost anything can kill you if youā€™re allergic to it. And if you eat too much of something it can make you sick. Just common sense. And if you read about ā€˜studies in mice,ā€™ you need to remember that the doses they are given are enormous.

Blaylock maintains that vaccines such as the H1N1 vaccine are dangerous or ineffective; that dental amalgams and fluoridated water are harmful to our health; and that aluminum cookware, aspartame, and MSG are toxic

fuck this guy. full stop.

ā€¦and thatā€™s the last response Iā€™ll have on this subject.

1 Like

Heā€™s a quack.
http://skepdic.com/blaylock.html

1 Like

Then you are essentially a religious zealot. The rest of us will rely upon the scientific method to take our cues.

Orā€¦you know, common sense, as your view would entail that everyone in Japan would be severely cognitively impaired and have their lifespan shortened significantly. Yet the exact opposite is true.

I checked his Wikipedia page and I certainly align myself with the late Robert Todd Carrollā€™s skepticsm about religion.

Thatā€™s a lot of sauces.

4 Likes

Love that this thread is getting back to the important issues.

5 Likes
3 Likes

You like the juice?

4 Likes

Shack burger and chicken shack. This was my first time trying the fried chicken sandwich and it was everything @Ns1 promised. Coating was crisp and well fried. Mayo wasnā€™t overpowering. Pickles were crunchy and briny. Really my only complaint was the white meat chicken ā€“ generally prefer dark myself.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s definitely the power play for me, going with the wife and splitting a burger/chicken sandwich to get the best of both worlds.

I try to get stuff at SS that I canā€™t get at InO, that way they can both have a place in my heart.

6 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

This is love.

2 Likes

Just saw this in the Registerā€¦

hopefully itā€™s better than their bbq beef brisket sandwich.

2 Likes

Yes, that brisket is odd: filling, but messy; overly sweet.

1 Like

high fructose corn syrup is the primary ingredient of almost EVERYTHING at costco